Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Waterproof jackets
  • chakaping

Consider the Rapha Hooded Rain Jacket on SP for £150 as well as the “trail” one.

I have been using one as my MTB waterproof for some years now and it’s brilliant.

Quality is way above anything I’ve had from Endura.

flyingpotatoes

What is the sizing like on the rapha jackets?

iainc

Sizing pretty normal and their size guides on their own website are accurate

flyingpotatoes

Cheers iainc

A lot of options to look at.

nickc

TBF, most things are better quality than Endura these days. The best waterproof I’ve used (continue to use) is a Polartec Neoshell one. actually breathable and reasonably watertight Although Neoshell seems to have died a death after a few years ago when it was being touted as the Next Best Thing, it seems quite hard to find a jacket made from it these days, I’ll certainly hunt one down when I’m looking to replace mine.

penguinni

My MT500 2 is a great jacket and I was very pleased with it until last month.

At almost exactly a year old the seam tapes have peeled off on multiple seams throughout the jacket. Its probably still pretty waterproof but I expected better quality.

And  my request for details regarding a paid repair by Endura has been ignored which was also disappointing.

flyingpotatoes

Quick update.

After trying on a few jackets at Merlin, Decathlon and Leisure Lakes, I’ve gone for the Endura MT500. The other jackets were either too big or tight.

£150 at leisure lakes.

I’m another one that has no issues with the MT500 2.

Fits me perfectly, looks good, seems well made, well vented, don’t really notice the hood when I’m not using it and it fits over my helmets when I do need it.

It’ll wet out eventually and soak through, but don’t they all, especially with new environment friendly materials?

hainman
    Free Member

No one suggested the Decathlon waterproof jacket yet

£75 and 25,000 waterproof,for the price it’s an absolute bargain,I have 2 of them,1st edition and the 2nd edition

cang fault it at all

flyingpotatoes

No one suggested the Decathlon waterproof jacket yet

I tried the decathlon jacket but it didn’t fit right for me, shame as it’s a great price

StirlingCrispin

Just ordered Thump a Galibier Courcheval storm jacket.

Reviews look good and if he doesn’t want it I’ll steal it.

( My 24-yr old Freestyle Goretex jacket isn’t as waterproof as it once was )

chiefgrooveguru

“No one suggested the Decathlon waterproof jacket yet”

I bought one and thought it fitted ok but once I had a long sleeve base layer on (rather than just a t-shirt) I could barely bend my arms – very slim fit on the sleeves!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.