Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Waterproof dictaphone
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a voice recorder that is rugged enough to get seriously wet and survive?

I’m using a solid state recorder outside and need to speak into it very frequently so plastic bags aren’t really an option.

Ta

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Dictaphone…?

I use my finger personally. 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

My Motorola Defy phone is supposed to be good up to one metre depth of water…

CaptJon
    Free Member

Remote and corded mic an option?

DavidB
    Free Member

Remote and corded mic an option?

Not really. A hand held unit is so much more convenient as it goes in my breast pocket.

Nice one Neilsonwheels wasn’t expecting that have you seen Mike Hunt anywhere?

midlifecrashes

The Defy works great with an app, I use Tape-a-talk for general voice recording, but there’s probably a more specific one around for Dictaphone type note taking. You see loads of surveyor types out in the wet using recorders, they must have a favoured model.

geoffj

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghsuk6GiEN8[/video]

DavidB
    Free Member

The problem with a phone App is that i want to push one button in wet gloves to record. Can you do this with the defy? I have an Android phone but it takes 100 hours to wake it up, unlock the screen and then open the app without getting distracted by Facebook or Twitter

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

ok, it is not a dictaphone but I have a throat mic for a walkie-talkie with push-to-talk. If you could find a dictatphone with voice activation or compatible with the ptt you would be sorted, and could walk around looking like you were in the SAS as well…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Can you do this with the defy?

Not exactly.
    1) press wake button
    2) swipe to unlock
    3) touch “record”

you can leave the app running so you don’t see any other clutter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof dictaphone’ is closed to new replies.