Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • watchtrackworld – yorkshire watches? Any good?
  • toys19
    Free Member

I have a strange retro kinda hankering for this watch

its a good price from yorkshire watches here..

Has anyone dealt with them before?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I bought a present from their ebay store and was happy with them (a RM delivery issue was sorted no hassle). So thumbs up from me.

Probably not as cheap as getting it from Creation, but a lot quicker.

toys19
    Free Member

yeah I looked at creation, but tbh would rather rather buy from a uk store..

thepurist

Have you checked how much a service is? 😉

toys19
    Free Member

for that watch? No how much?

zokes
    Free Member

Dunno, but they’re probably really tight.

toys19
    Free Member
    skiboy
    Free Member

Wouldn’t bother with a service, sent my seiko kinetic for a service as it had packed up after 10 yrs, they charged me almost as much as I paid for the watch and it was a total waste of time, when it came back the face looked like it had been attacked with a Stanley knife ! There was loads of flecks of paint sitting on the dial and hands and some on the date window, within 2 weeks it stopped again despite having a new kinetic motor most likely caused by all the paint floating around in the case,

I complained bitterly to seiko but they would not refund any of the costs and decided to exonerate themselves of any wrong doing,

That was it for me, I don’t blame seiko as a company but the uk service centre of gross ineptitude,

I threw that watch in my draw and saved up for the watch I always wanted it to be, a sea dweller 16600, I’ve had that for 7 yrs now and it’s service is about due, £450 + any parts, but I know it will come back perfect.

you get what you pay for.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I ordered a Seiko 5 from them recently. The right thing turned up when it was due and the price was good. So thumbs up from me so far.

boblo
    Free Member

Toys, I’ve got that exact watch. Had it 26 years. It’s had a few batteries, two straps, a new bezel and some hands. The latter as the old ones stopped glowing in the dark. Unhelpfully, can’t speak for UK service as I had mine done in HK which was both cheap and excellent.

meehaja
    Free Member

I had that watch, it was my uncles which was given to me after he died… I lost it at a gig, and afterwards had the band kicking through the rubbish looking for it, but it was never found. I might be about to get a new one…

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Boblo, the SKX J above (and its variants) are automatic, so no batteries.

I’ve got the black bezel, though I like the Pepsi bezel also. Great watches for the money.

boblo
    Free Member

Whoops sorry. It looks exactly the same (apart from the words ‘quartz’ and ’21 jewels’ – ahem). Repeat to self ‘I am an eejit etc’ 75 times.

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Better that than sounding like a watch geek mate. 😀

Toys, if you get the K version (no made in japan at 6 o’clock or 21 jewels on the dial) they are exactly the same watch but usually £20 cheaper. Apologies if you knew this already.

toys19
    Free Member

ok I’m pressing go!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Yeah! Just remember to stock up on batteries! 😉

PePPeR

I wear one on my wrist every day, a lovely watch. Mines 25-30 years old too.

CountZero

Yeah! Just remember to stock up on batteries!

They’ll go flat before he needs one… 😉

toys19
    Free Member

indeed its the kinetic aspect that appeals..

johnellison
    Free Member

**** me, Yorkshire Watches…I’ve seen everything now… 😯

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘watchtrackworld – yorkshire watches? Any good?’ is closed to new replies.