Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Watch Fans – SEIKO AUTOMATIC STEEL DIVER WATCH 200M SKX007 SKX007K2
  • matthewjb
    Free Member

This is a nice dive watch for not stupid money..

It is over a grand!

You could almost buy a bike for that.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

First and last Seiko I will ever buy!!!! (unless lost, stolen or broken)

Been perfect, the only time I take it off, is when I wear my HRM.

Big Thumbs up for Seiko……!!!!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yes but it's not stupid money for a nice watch. It's made from submarine steel which as any fule no is much better than surgical steel for dive watches 🙄

Still I like Sinn watches they are good value.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Still I like Sinn watches they are good value.

I don't disagree. It's just that most normal people think spending over £50 on a watch is madness.

In the same way that bikes only cost £100 at most.

Matthew
    {Owner of JLC, Panerai and some nice dive watches. Wouldn't mind a Sinn as well}

boblo
    Free Member

I do like that Orange Monster. £140 on Evilbay…. Hmmm.

waynekerr
    Free Member

I dive (Mixed Gas for over 10years & have been using a Closed Circuit Rebreather for the last 7years)all year round in the UK, doing about 80 dives a year, around 30 of those are in the 50-90m range(sport diving depths are a max of 40m), so I feel suitably qualified to comment. I have never worn a watch to go diving for over 12 years. All divers I know wear a dive computer & most wear a dive timer as a back up. Usage of computers & dive timers became mainstream in the 90s & dive watches were then made redundant for diving.
    I don't know anyone who wears a dive watch to go diving, the purpose of the watch was to monitor your dive time, the best dive timer (Uwatec) costs £80 & the battery will last about 7 years, so why on earth would someone wear a dive watch?

I have one as do most divers, but it's only worn on dry land, I suppose it's a way of telling everyone in the pub they're a diver.

I must say the rubber strap ones are great for MTBing, very rugged & waterproof.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Usage of computers & dive timers became mainstream in the 90s & dive watches were then made redundant for diving.

Does this explain the glut on the market and why stwers are tripping over themselves to wear them?

Woody
    Free Member

I can see why you don't wear it to the pub 😉

mikertroid
    Free Member

Lots of Rolex -bashing here. I've had citizens, Seiko, Breitling (that WAS sh1te) and recently got a rolex.

Lovely watch, very very happy. Not for everyone but 'tis for me.

That said my seiko flightmaster kinetic is superb too. The Citizen eco-drive (solar) is a better power option than kinetic IMO.

Seiko customer service is very good too. Can't go wrong with one really.

loddrik
    Free Member

Sinn watches are superb, cheaper than the competion as they have a very small distributor network. As soon as I discovered Sinn the Rolex and Panerai got sold, I just hated the fact that the rolex was a status symbol and the panerai was a well overpriced fashion item. Sinns are tough, innovative, distintive and brilliant quality, absolutely my favorite watch brand by far now.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Anyone got an idea how much this is worth?
    Its a rare 7T34 from the early 80's
    I've not worn it for years so might sell it.

joolsburger
    Free Member

It's a bit battered and I think collectors are very big on condition. watchuseek is probably your best bet.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Watch Fans – SEIKO AUTOMATIC STEEL DIVER WATCH 200M SKX007 SKX007K2’ is closed to new replies.