Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Washing Machine – Broken Pump
  • TimS
    Free Member

My washing machine isn’t pumping out water – the pump is noticeably silent when it should be draining. My first guess was that the pump had failed, but when I checked the resistance, it is about 200ohms which is about what I think a good pump should be.
    Anyone know what else it could be, or is my pump just knackered?

cp

Well, there’s more to a pump than just a motor – could easily be the impellor/shaft which is broken – that would run a lot quieter than a loaded pump, so I wouldn’t dismiss the pump yet.

Connections back to the board/supply? Does anything on the control board look fried? Any blockages in the outlet pipe which could cause back pressure & prevent the pump turning?

Cougar

could easily be the impellor/shaft which is broken

Or jammed. Mine went, I took it to bits and extracted a large pebble from it. That’s the turnups in my OH’s combats, I expect.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Or jammed. Mine went, I took it to bits and extracted a large pebble from it.

We had this… 2p coin jammed in the works – took it out and all fixed.

Mrs Cougar:

benslow
    Free Member

Check for blockage.

lasty
    Free Member

9 times out of 10 its something stopping to impellor from turning – easy fix, pump off and remove blockage.
    If its not that whip all the hoses off and check for blockages…
    IF theyre clear and the pump reads good for continuity then its worse case scenario ….
    Board fault.

matt_outandabout

Check for blockage.

I have been already today.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Hair grips used to find their way into to ours every now and then, when it finally broke a replacement was only about £20 and pretty easy to fit apart from getting the water out of the drum first.

TimS
    Free Member

Hmmm. Thanks for your suggestions.

I can drain the machine through the rear drain pipe, so I don’t think it’s a blockage (I’ve also had a poke at the pump inlet and outlet and they’re clear).
    The impellor turns with a bit of resistance in the sort of clicky way that impellors do, so I don’t think the shaft’s broken.
    Next thing is voltage probing on the pump when it’s supposed to be running.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Washing Machine – Broken Pump’ is closed to new replies.