Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Warping / bending Disc Rotors !
  • adi66
    Free Member

I’m at my wits end with my front brakes (avaid Elixr 3 203mm’s) the disc has warped a little and a despite trying for literally hours I can’t get it true. This isn’t helped by the fact that my pistons have a tendency to not go 100% back when the brake is let off! this is apparently a problem with the Elixr 3’s and a good clean around the pistons after each and every ride seems to keep em smooth. Not ideal but workable.

Can anyone suggest a decent 203mm (6 bolt) rotor that’s pretty tough, and won’t warp. and not one that needs special “soft” pads.

Cheers,

PaulD
    Free Member

adi,

I offer you a used-but-flat Shimano 203mm RT75-DH rotor for £14 posted.

Email if interested.

paul.r.davisAThotmail.co.uk

mattmbk
    Free Member

Problem will be your caliper not your disc. I have just binned a set of Elixirs as they were complete rubbish. Either strip and rebuild your caliper with new parts or buy new brakes. I’m fairly sure if you buy another rotor you’ll do the same again. You could check the alignment so the pads hit the disc square and at the same time so they aren’t bending the disc to one side.
    Good luck.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve not had any problems with my elixir’s rotors?

As for pistons not retracting, what symptoms? They (all brakes) make a tinkling noise as they go allong, especialy when wet as there’s very little pulling the pistons back. When mine were sticking the symptom was the lever would pull all the way back to the bar. I gave the rear calliper a good clean with dot fluid and touch wood it’s been Ok since then.

I’ve just bought some aligator aries rotors to save some weight but haven’t fitted them yet, on previous experience they’ll not be quite as powerfull as normal rotors. If you just want normal 203mm rotors I’ve a collection of old ones form C2’s and hayes V8’s, drop me a mail.

amedias
    Free Member

They (all brakes) make a tinkling noise as they go allong

er…only when not aligned properly. With a straight rotor and a centred caliper there shouldn’t be any tinkling at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Warping / bending Disc Rotors !’ is closed to new replies.