Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Wanted to share a great homemade energy bar recipe i found…
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Easy to make, keeps in fridge, energy dense and when i put it through myfitnesspal it had a pretty good share of the necessary food groups for an energy bar…and it works brilliantly.

I’ve copied it from the source..

Ingredients

Peanut Butter, runny honey, dried fruit, oats, crushed mixed nuts.

Method

1. Pour as much peanut butter as you want into a bowl, make sure you know how much you have poured in.

2. Pour in half that amount of honey.

3. Heat in a microwave for 30 seconds or until the peanut butter is soft, it shouldn’t be bubbling, just softer so you can mix it.

4. Mix both together and add your mixed nuts, dried fruit and oats. Amount isn’t important, just mess around until it’s a good consistency.

5. Someone said I should have added Chocolate chips, I wish I had so i’ll try that next time.

6. Lay the mixture out on a baking tray which is about at least an inch deep and stick it in the fridge.

7. Remove from fridge after about an hour and slice into portions

Credit where it’s due..i found it on http://therunningbug.co.uk/rbblogs/running-for-my-life/b/weblog/archive/2012/10/16/homemade-energy-bars.aspx

dantsw13

How does it keep whilst out on a bike? I’ve been given a similar recipe – maple syrup not honey, with added flax protein and chia seeds.

bruneep

Peanut Butter

I’m oot

cloudnine
    Free Member

Sounds pretty nice.. what quantities of oats/dried fruit?
    Would it melt in a jersey pocket?

iolo
    Free Member

maple syrup not honey, with added flax protein and chia seeds.

That’s a great stw answer.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

So I’ve had it in my bag (wrapped in tin foil) and no melting. I’ve left a batch in fridge for three weeks and I’m still alive. Quantities..slightly different each time – I keep meaning to write a set recipe for it but keep forgetting..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dates chopped and mixed with Tahini can be used instead of Peanut Butter

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Cloud nine – I reckon it’d work in jersey pocket. The source said he used it on marathon runs and I’m guessing he had it on him whilst getting very hot..

carbonfiend
    Free Member

I’ve done similar one too but as Junkyard mentioned used dates & added coconut oil for some moisture & cocoa powder too.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Same here not fussed on peanut butter but rocketdog those holistic ones look yummy and i can add extra potassium laced foods to compensate for my lacking of it, cheers

houndlegs
    Free Member

bookmark.ta.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Wanted to share a great homemade energy bar recipe i found…’ is closed to new replies.