Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Wallrides
  • crankbreaker

Had the day off work so decided to dust the bike off and go on a street trek to see what I could find…lo and behold I found an awesome spot for getting some great wallriding in and remembered how much I love hitting a great wallride.

Anyone else got any good wallride spots and/or pics?

coogan
    Free Member

Whistler. Ka-pow! Admittedly no where near as high as everyone else was going…

R.lepecha

I’ve never hit a wall ride, never actually found one to hit. Am I rubbish?

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m rubbish at wallrides, I don’t lean the bike over enough and end up sliding down 🙁

crankbreaker

Hmm, wanted to stick a pic up of my mate doing just what you describe tom but I’m guessing the pics have to be on the internet already!?

coastkid
    Free Member

GT wallride , when it was open for about 2 weeks…

GT%20Nov%202008%20wall%20ride%20005[1] by coastkid71, on Flickr

GT%20Nov%202008%20wall%20ride%20003[1] by coastkid71, on Flickr

crankbreaker

How do you get pictures up on a post?!

_tom_
    Free Member

Go to http://www.tinypic.com (or any other image hosting site). Click “browse” and find your file, then click upload. Type in the captcha anti-spam words that it comes up with. Then copy the “forum code” field (it has in it somewhere) and past it into a reply here 🙂

DrT
    Free Member

Does anybody know whats happening with the GT wallride?

jedi

wall rides are vertical. or they are berms 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

So Mr Jedi – do you ride wall rides much as the one at the top (I could do that one but not anything much more horizontal)? 🙂

jedi

yeah. its a berm 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

No – I mean is the technique the same for both? (Or do I need to buy a raffle ticket? 😕

jedi

same technique for large berms and wall rides.
    to air off a wallride push as per drop technique 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

Ooooo oooo 😀

crankbreaker

So the walls I found in the concrete jungle were actually berms…I wonder if the local council knows they employed trail builders instead of architects?!

mark_b
    Free Member

Don’t worry – Jedi made exactly the same comment when i posted a pic of the big berm at GT.

Glad he was around to correct my mistake 😕

TheBrick
    Free Member

crankbreaker – Member
    So the walls I found in the concrete jungle were actually berms…I wonder if the local council knows they employed trail builders instead of architects?!

No they are just banks.

Diane
    Free Member

It doesn’t really matter what they are called does it. I won’t actually be riding any real walls but will be happy with ‘banks’ (Mud not buildings 😀 ) And easier trail centre ‘wall’ rides as probably most would

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Having ridden the one in the whistler photo at the top I can attest its a lot steeper in reality. And near vert further up.

pjt201
    Free Member

one_happy_hippy – Member
    Having ridden the one in the whistler photo at the top I can attest its a lot steeper in reality. And near vert further up.

If anything, looking at the sign on the right hand side of the photo it needs rotating anticlockwise a few degrees so must be even shallower…

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I think the difference between a berm and a wall ride is that a wall ride has to be hopped onto and off, whereas a berm can “steered” onto.

Anyway, this is my cyclocross wallride. It will be bigger next year more time to build it!

Diane
    Free Member

So did you hop onto and off it? 😆

leggyblonde
    Free Member

yup

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Wallrides’ is closed to new replies.