Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Walking barefoot.
  • zippykona

Saw a guy walking to the station barefoot this morning.
    Before he got on the train he put on some sort of chain mail socks with a draw string.
    Never seen such things. No doubt someone on here wears them. What’s the deal?

samuri
    Free Member

Isn’t it something to do with running?

cdoc
    Free Member

Dunno, but it feels nice and gets rid of all that dead skin! Provided the terrain is not to sharp, that is..

zippykona

He was heading to London his feet must be grim by the time he gets home.

cdoc
    Free Member

London, barefoot 😯 Are you sure that he had not just been mugged?

jambourgie
    Free Member

See a few barefoot runners about, maybe dumping shoes full time is the logical progression? I also saw a chap on a motorised unicycle the other day.

Hope that helps.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I reckon shoes* were invented before there were companies trying to sell us shoes, or before there was a society to think it a bit weird if you didn’t wear any. And I reckon they were probably invented because there was room for improvement on going barefoot all the time in all weathers.

So I dunno what point is being made by going round without them, especially in cities with lots of concrete and crap about. Each to their own though I suppose.

*Stuff on your feet anyway

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k30-XFfxjqA&noredirect=1[/video]

chip
    Free Member

And you did not offer him your shoes, tut,tut.
    Man gives away his shoes.

ambientcoast
    Free Member

Customers are advised to be prepared for minor injuries particularly if wearing the footwear for long distances.

There could be stubbed toes or small cut so a small first aid kit is recommended as well as a tetanus jab every ten years.

Aye, they sound great.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I used to spend the winters living in cape town.I’d bin my shoes as I got off the plane and buy some more in the airport on the way back…..4 months later.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Aye, they sound great.

They look like they might reduce your feet to mince but they’d be great for cleaning your pans

richmars

I grow up in Singapore, only put shoes on for school. After a few weeks my feet were as hard as leather, just as well as the grass was like razors.

piemonster

A Daily Wail free link to the Paleos

http://portal.gost-barefoots.com/the_paleos

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Walking on dog shit wearing chain mail socks must be annoying.

zippykona

Something like that with a proper sole and non metal uppers would be good.

noltae
    Free Member

I’ll take my walking boots off on smooth ground during a long bike – seems to rejuvenate the feet somewhat – very relaxing too ..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Walking barefoot.’ is closed to new replies.