Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wake-Up Lights
  • Caher

Has anyone ever tried one of those wake-up lights not quite the SAD version, but the type that just gradually makes your body think the sun is rising. I think Philips does one?
    Cheers

elliptic
    Free Member

I just have a table lamp on a timeswitch in the far corner of the room.

Does seems to help on dark mornings (I’m still rubbish at getting up though…)

sam_underhill

SWMBO has one. this one, not a philips but the same idea. It really helps her, and actually I find that I wake up more gently rather then suddenly being forced awake by an alarm clock. This particular model isn’t very good at keeping the correct time. It seems to gain quite a bit. But, in principle I’d say that the idea is a great one.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I tried one of those gradual wake up lights and found it pretty rubbish.
    In my mind I’d envisioned the same effect of sunlight gently waking you from slumber in the morning.
    In reality I woke to a dark house with a light bulb on.
    YMMV etc.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Is it worth just having a light, not alarm clock, sat in the room? I work from home a lot and wondered if it would make a difference to working under normal light.

headfirst
    Free Member

I will be lurking with interest on this thread – I’ve been contemplating one of these for a while…there’s a few philips ones about the £60 mark on amazon that are tempting.

Elliptic’s idea seemed a simple fix, but its ‘all or nothing’ – dark then not dark.

Caher

i live in a valley so if i waited for the sun to rise in the winter it would be the afternoon. so anything that will kick-start me out of bed is a bonus.

headfirst
    Free Member

bump

Any of the evening shift got one of these?

Xylene
    Free Member

I just got one from a STW member.

It has made a difference.

The member who sold it to me uses a SAD light on a timer for his alarm clock.

Kuco

Alarm goes off stretch out turn lamp on lay their for a minute realise I really do need to go toilet, get up.

Seems to work for me.

chilli
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the phillips ones that comes on gradually, takes about half an hour and there’s a little birdsong option that’s really quite pleasant,it makes getting up at 6 to take the mut out almost bearable!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I wonder if this would work for me. I doubt it. I can wake up, cross the room, unplug the alarm and get back in bed without ever knowing I’ve done it. I ONLY wake up “well” at 11am, and I can do so then naturally and without feeling shattered, but any time earlier and it kills me to get up, regardless of when I went to bed!

Edit – £100 – bugger me. Trouty could make a replacement pretty easily, at least for the lighting section!

J0N
    Free Member

To headfirst …”all or nothing”
    All you need is a cheap flourescent bulb on a timer. They take forever to brighten up. 🙂

takisawa2

We have two wake-up alarms. It a very sudden & noisy wake-up experience though. And it can only be silenced with with a glass of juice, a brioche & Cbeebies..
    I like the idea of these SAD lights, especially one that would come on gradually, but they are a bit pricey though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wake-Up Lights’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM