Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • VW badge nickers still about then.
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

thought this had died out but lifted the bonnet up on my wife's polo today and the big badge on the air filter cowling has gone. Not something that can just fall off. Guess they got under the front with a coat hanger and released the bonnet. Not bothered and if it's bringing joy to someone's life who am I to criticise…..

meehaja
    Free Member

criticise away! repacing 28 year old VW badges cost me a fortune. I woudn't mind if they were genuine beastie boys fans, but just doing it to annoy me is plain mean!

coffeeking
    Free Member

They've opened the bonnet to get the badge off the air filter? WTF? Why cant it just fall off (doesnt know the engine or anything about VWs).

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I had the grill badge swiped from my Passat last autumn. I have the image of some thirty-something wandering past one night and being suddenly overcome by a wave of petty-crime-based nostalgia.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Why cant it just fall off

Its got about a dozen tabs that clip into the cowling.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Oh I thought you meant the badge was gone, not the whole caps – thought you meant the badge had been peeled off the lid or the like. That is quite annoying for you!

binners

It must be a wave of silly neck-wear nostalgia. I recently heard noises downstairs while in bed. Suspecting I was in the process of being burgled, I grabbed the bombers I keep by my pillow for just such an eventuality

On getting downstairs I noticed my rather nice retro eighties timepiece from the front room was missing. It really tied the room together. An owning was on the agenda. I sneaked through to the kitchen and was confronted with this

Bastard had had my top hat and cigars too!!!

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Does this mean that The Beastie Boyz are back in secret rehearsals for a new world tour?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

They're selling them on e-bay to fund Yauch's throat cancer treatment.

Ewan
    Free Member

Someone ripped off the merc badge off the front of a old 190 i used to have. Whilst annoying, it was pleasing that judging from the foot prints on the bonnet, they'd had to stand on the car and yank to get the thing off… they may have also fallen into a hedge when it did go…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘VW badge nickers still about then.’ is closed to new replies.