Home Forums Bike Forum Voodoo Hoodoo upgrades?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Voodoo Hoodoo upgrades?
  • sp654233
    Free Member

Alright chaps, bare with me here as I’m new to the forum. I have a Voodoo Hoodoo hardtail which I bought last year as a first “proper” mtb. my question is whether you reckon the bike warrants upgrading, I was thinking fork and wheelset. I tend to ride 2-3 hour local xc rides with a couple of local trail runs(red) tagged on the end. I’m mainly looking to save weight as I spend as much time climbing as coming back down.
    Like I said, I’m new on here so apologies if this has already been asked at some point.
    Cheers Si.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yes definitely, it’s a solid reliable and quality frame to use as a base
    Wheels and forks would be my starting point
    Btw I still regularly use my 1995 Hoodoo (it’s steel rather than Ali like yours) it’s been upgraded, downgraded, turned into a rigid, a hybrid, drop bars, commuter, 130mm Travel, child carrier bike and any number of other things more times than I can remember

sp654233
    Free Member

Thanks Iain, that’s what I was thinking. I know that anything I do upgrade will go onto my next bike (already fancy a steel frame but that’s a different story!), so it’s just a case of working out what upgrades to make. Any ideas wheelset/fork wise? I’m local to Merlin cycles and I’ve already started to have mooch on the website but first hand experience is always a bonus.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo Hoodoo upgrades?’ is closed to new replies.