Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Volvo C30 – I likey
  • UncleFred
    Free Member

Stuck 1800 miles on one of these in Canada, surprisingly enjoyable to drive, and you can get a bike box in it.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i liked them until yesterday when i saw one from a particular angle offside from behind and slightly higher up that revealed it's hideously deformed rear light cluster area

JulianA
    Free Member

Cute successor to the P1800. Nice one Volvo!

aP
    Free Member

Oh, a focus hit with the ugly stick, from a company soon to be called Hyundai.

idontlikechips
    Free Member

i nearly bought one until i found that if you put the rear armrest down you can see all the way into the boot (this was an early one so i'm not sure whether they have changed that yet) and i couldn't fit my bike through the rear window/boot lid

hora
    Free Member

My old Aygo looked like it had a more practical boot loading space.

Del

focus in a frock?
    do like the look of them, but a bit like why by an a3 or a golf when you can get the same car for a good few grand less with a different badge and less 'premium' servicing bills? will the neighbours be impressed?

votchy
    Free Member

Volvo C30, designed by women for women hence the taillights looking like the handles of a baby buggy when on and all the storage for handbags and makeup, hideous **** thing

simon_g

I quite like them. The silly narrow hatch and total afterthought solutions (which Volvo charge £££ for) to keep the contents of your boot out of sight killed any chance of me buying one though.

hora
    Free Member

Its hideously out of proportion as well. Maybe good on N.American-wide roads.

mtbfix

I had a D5-R for a day a while back, by way of a courtesy car. Nice enough car but the boot was a joke. Neat solution for getting young chaps to buy into Volvos though. I liked the three indicator flashes you got by dabbing the stalk. Very handy for the lazy indicator user.

votchy
    Free Member

mtbfix – 3 flash lane change indicator is standard on all fords and companies associated with the ford empire (mazda, volvo, jaguar, landrover, aston martin – ie parts bin engineering)

porterclough
    Free Member

votchy – I think you'll find it's pretty standard on lots of other cars, e.g., VW/Audi. Not a Ford thing at all, it'd be pretty wierd if Volvo didn't have it.

Personally I like the C30 but probably wouldn't buy one – the interior is great and the 2.5l turbo is fast, the funky looks are fine, but the boot contents being on display and not being able to get a bike in wouldn't work for me.

JCornford

I think they look great part from the back end.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Volvo C30 – I likey’ is closed to new replies.