Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Viking CitiFix?
  • cookeaa

Anyone bought a cheapy Viking fixed/free bike for commuting? (and possibly the occasional trip to my local outdoor track).

I’m pretty tempted by the Drop bar version of this bike for simplicity/cheapness of it, but I’m really not sure how I’ll get on with an SS road bike and/or Fixie?

Sooth my Furrowed brow, or convince me i’ll die…

toys19
    Free Member

I like them, a mate has one and the component kwality is not far off my 400 quid on one macinato, apart from the frame which is a bit heavier, and not quite as nice welding, but you can get these for 159. Personally. Yes, buy it, it is an actual proper bicycle.

cookeaa

Ykes, Just ordered one, £165 seems like peanuts for a whole bike…

Looking at the pictures, how long will it be before I change the bars for some compact drops? they look Mahooosive to me (I don’t bend much in the middle)…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toys19
    Free Member

Send us review/pics when you get it. I have a couple sets of brand new bars
    1) on one midge bar, silver
    2) 3t compact drops black.

I’ll do pics etc if you interessted. They were on On One website for like 20 quid and 9.99 respectively so are both worthless/cheap innit.
    edit: midges are down to 14.99! Mine are even more worthless..

mtbtomo
    Free Member

This was mine, just before I sold it to someone on this forum:

I’ve said this before but for the money, I maintain it was an absolute bargain. Simple and serviceable, with a fairly good position for singlespeed efforts out of the saddle (i.e. quite stretched). The stock bars are indeed massive for reach and in steel, so they weigh top side of 600g. I swapped those out fairly quickly. Apart from that, I only sold it cos I fancied a nicer singlespeed. A Trek District, which after just three months needed the bearings doing in the rear hub cos the seals are sh1te. I flushed out brown muck in place of grease. No such problems with the Viking! 🙂

cookeaa

Right I’m thinking I’ll need to Change the bars and stem almost straight away. I’ve got a nice 90mm 31.8 stem going spare and a compact drop of some sort to go with that will suit me I think…

I was looking at a Deda RHM01 but I could see the midge as a goer, cheers toys, what dia’ are the bars bars you’ve got?

Also anyone tried using CX type levers? I was looking at a mates Fuji over the weekend and quite liked the idea of being able to whip off a couple of “brake looms” in minutes and have a nice clean track bike and refit them quickly for commuting duty… Maybe One for later once I’m used to the bike…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Eh whats the bb height on that? Are you sure youll get that on the track.

toys19
    Free Member

cookeaa, its blowing a gale here and the shed is abut 15 metres away and I have a warm gin/beer/pekingcrispyduck glow. I’ll measure/pics in the am.

cookeaa

Eh whats the bb height on that? Are you sure youll get that on the track.

When I say track I mean the occasional trip to Palmer park in Reading don’t worry I’ll not be wrecking a velodrome with this thing…

Cheers toys no rush I doubt I’ll have the bike before next week.

toys19
    Free Member

Umm I think you may not want these as the clamps are too small.
    QWhere are you? Postage would be by myhermes which is 5 quid, actual worth of bars is zero or whatever you think, maybe swapsies for something?

3ttt sl ergopwer, label says 46omm wide, I measured 445 centre to centre. 26mm clamp. compact drop.

on one midge 25.4 clamp, new except for clamp/mounting marks

cookeaa

Cheers for that toys. But I think I might have to order the 31.8 midges from OO…

toys19
    Free Member

Edit. Coolio. Back in the shed they go…

I bought the midges but didnt like the look as much as these, which is what I went for and they are dead smart.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Viking CitiFix?’ is closed to new replies.