Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Video Camera Advice Please
  • doug_basqueMTB.com

I've seen some fantastic bike videos on here and could do with some advice. At the moment I've got a Canon G9 which I use for stills (obviously) and also taking videos. This is the sort of thing I'm doing here, basic to say the least!

Video 1
    Video 2

I'd like to do some head cam footage and combine it with the sort of stationary footage that I've got here and to make a wee video. What's the best option for a camera? I've seen that a lot of them don't have a view finder so it must be hard to take videos with a moving rider / stationary camera??

Any advice would be gratefully recevied.

P.S. I did search for any previous threads but all I found was the picolax thread! That's an hour of today gone already! 😆

doug_basqueMTB.com

Nobody? 🙁

MartynS

how much money you got??

I suspect the ones you've seen have a flip out screen instead of a veiwfinder. If you're taking it out on the bike, I guess lightweight with good battery life is the order of the day. Do you want tape or hard disk? they both have pros/cons and how are you editing the footage?

Spend what you can afford. Any of the big names (sony/Canon etc) will do

PM me if you want anymore!

ozzo
    Free Member

depends if you want a headcam type or a normal camera and like Martyn says – how much money do you have? Obviously, most think are heading HD format nowadays but the head cam stuff can be well pricy.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I'm no expert but this little baby from contour looks good.

High definition and has two lasers that 'spot' where the shot is to allow you to position the camera correctly on your lid and the lense rotates to ensure you get the shot straight too (not leaning over to one side or the other).

Lots of head-cams reviewed in MBUK this month (including this one).

Looks like you already have the rest of the requirements for a good video i.e. quality riding, decent rider and amazing scenery and lighting. All you need is the above camera or something like it.

I take it you are Mr Basque mtb so if you are a VAT registered you get it VAT free (if you are even in the UK) and can probably write it down as a business expense so go for it.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hi guys, that's great thanks. I am Mr Basque mtb (!!!) so will get it VAT free. I can't get a copy of MBUK I don't think so any info from there would be great. I don't really have a budget because I don't know the first thing about this. I've seen the handheld ones with the flip out screens but I'd love to get some helmet mounted thing that could do both the head cam stuff and the handheld stuff if that's possible. The lasers might be enough to do that but I'm not sure.

I think that I'd like disc because I'll be editing on the computer. Thanks MartynS, I'll maybe drop you a PM once I've got a better idea of what I need to ask you!

alexxx
    Free Member

hv30 canon – no questions asked then get a dogcam bullet cam also no questions asked

also as it happens ive got a helmet cam for sale if your after one let me know

alexxx
    Free Member

btw ask me what you like I know plenty in this field 🙂

doug_basqueMTB.com

That contour looks like the business. I'm a bit worried about not being able to see what I'm shooting when I'm doing the stationary stuff though.

I'm hoping that the answer to this isn't that I need two video cameras!

doug_basqueMTB.com

alexxx, sounds like you know what you're on about! That canon is well pricey though no? Just checking out the dogcam now…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Video Camera Advice Please’ is closed to new replies.