Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Very proud dad day.
  • johnikgriff
    Free Member

Son has rode his bike for the first time this evening.

Its took a while, although a slightly pushy dad a bit to keen to get him on 2 wheels probably hasn't helped.

Had a bit of a "push" with it the last 2 weeks. Last week went badly and he wasn't vey happy to even try it again. But went for the pedals off this week and it was a complete turn round. Out lastnight after school to a nice park with a long small hill. Slow start but was whizzing down it within 10 minutes. Out tonight, he was just great from the off and
    asked me to put the pedals back on, the rest is history.

Its going to cost me a new Islabike Brenin 20, mind.

Tongue out is key I think

Top.Dog
    Free Member

excellent. It's a great feeling

nickingsley
    Free Member

We spent some years cycling along New Brighton prom. getting miles under the belt of kids when they were young. Flat, miles of wide paths, hard surface so easy to ride and good drinks, coffee/snacks in Vale Park or picnic in backpack. Lots to stop and look at so pretty ideal.

Not long before they could cycle from Seacombe Ferry right along to West Kirby Lake (I know you have to do a bit of road or beach to get there) when a bit older.

Used to go up on Sunday or occasionally Saturday mornings with quite a big group of friends all with children of similar age or just ourselves – great fun and recommended.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yay! Fit his helmet right before the next ride?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Now I haven't got kids (and thats probably the problem) but this does seem to be getting like the preverbial kids wallet picture forum 😉

I am happy for you though johnikgriff 🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Great feeling, sadly took a nice Irishman on holiday in France to get my son riding solo like that, again, the curse of the pushy parent I think.

Did have a proud parent moment a few weeks ago when he appeared in a musical concert at the local theatre (he's only 9) playing the baritone, and this included a quartet performance too! No sign of nerves either – well impressed, more ballsy than I was at his age.

IanHaughton
    Free Member

Islabikes the tops, my lad's got a Creig26 and rode both Nant-y-Arian reds with me last month, first word uttered as he finished 'the italian job' singletrack section was 'awesome!' so I now have a new pal for trips away sanctioned by SWMBO

el_creedo
    Free Member

Just to "bah humbug" at Foxyrider…

My Max (8months old) loves my Five, he will crawl the length of the garden over any obstacle to get to it!
    Can't wait to get him his own bike!!

augustuswindsock

Got my lad riding his bike recently, but he's very reluctant to go on it and prefers his 'scoot' likeabike type thing, any suggestions how to get him to make the switch? suspect bribery with sweets may be way forward.

Tiger6791

Do not let that TandenJerremy chap see this, all you'll get is grief about helmet fit.

🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

el_creedo – aw so cute 😉 and the kid looks OK as well 😉

Oh and I don't have a dog though 🙁

I have a wife but she is unable to ride at he mo so can't post a pic of her either 🙁

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Well Done, part of what life is really about.

Taught my 3 kids and a mate who was in his mid 30's to ride a bike for the first time.

Does give you a nice feeling of satisfaction. 😛

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

el-creedo, need to get some bar end plugs fitted before child does inevitable harm on exposed metal and wife takes bike off you 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Very proud dad day.’ is closed to new replies.