Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Venice – where to stay?
  • JamesD
    Free Member

Any recommedations please? Am getting very confused trying to work out where's best! Ta 🙂

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Budget?

I mean, you could stay here if you had the money…

For what it's worth, I stayed here Lovely view from all bedrooms to the alps one way, and down the Grand canal the other way. It's a bit further from St. Marks square but it's only a 15 minute walk, and that's the whole point of venice, strolling down the streets.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

yep what budget ?

try tripadvisor.co.uk

I wouldn't book any where these days without checking it out there.

hels
    Free Member

Can't remember the names of hotels, but every time I have been to Venice (3) we have eatan at the Vesuvius. It's kind of near the Ghetto, and proper Italian family place. Most of the restaurants are awful tourist traps sadly.

stealthcat

What budget, and which area do you want to stay in?

whimsicalchris
    Free Member

Stayed at the residenzacannaregio.it a coupole of times.

Nice, clean with a range of room sizes. Its in the north of the islands, but an easy 30 min walk to anywhere or close to the boats for the water bus service ( vaparetta ? ).

samuri
    Free Member

Somewhere upwind of the canals is my recommendation. You'll thank me when you don't have the strong smell of sewage wafting in through your bedroom window. They say Venice is one of the most romantic cities in the world.

I assume 'they' are big fans of Coprophagy.

BillMC

Hotel Aldo Mori

Really nice little hotel, inexpensive and just behind St Mark's Square so very central. I've recommended this a few times and everyone's been really pleased with it.

jj55

Stayed in this one a couple of years ago

Locanda Al Gambero

No complaints! Centrally located for sightseeing!

AlexBerry
    Free Member

If you really want to push the boat out try the Excelsior on the Venice Lido, it's a water taxi from St Marks, but it's way way better than staying in the city and you get beach thrown in.

atlaz
    Free Member

We stayed here: http://www.ateneo.it/

Good value, nice rooms.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Venice – where to stay?’ is closed to new replies.