Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Vehicle dilemma…
  • roddersrambler
    Free Member

I currently own a Peugeot partner van 2.0 Hdi.It is the most practical vehicle i have owned.Around 50mpg,as fast as a car,very convenient for throwing bike in back when finished without taking bike apart etc.
    However i have my eye on something larger,a small motorhome type,so i can kip in it,make brews etc.
    I was looking at the Mazda Bongo but can’t put bike in back.Also most, if not all, are automatic which i can only assume will drink the juice like mad.
    Any recommendations/pics of mid sized vans/motorhomes to fit the bill ?
    I will need to get to work in it,only 3 miles but still 🙂
    Cheers

bland

Bongos are meant to do 25mpg if you are lucky. I had a friend take one to the alps last summer and it nearly bankrumped him.

Vito’s are cheaper than you think, do a conversion

Spongebob
    Free Member

Not all automatic drink fuel. Audi for example have two types. Old fashioned gas guzzling autos and a variomatic style. Thay claim the variable chain driven auto box uses even less fuel than a manual.

Hairychested
    Free Member

LPG conversion perhaps?

roddersrambler
    Free Member

Yeah a conversion is an option..What are vito’s like on the juice ? Mercedes should last as well,so will not be too put off with high mileage vans.
    Thanks for the info spongebob but i doubt i will fit a small gas cooker into a TT 😆

Keef
    Free Member

vw t25 1.6 td camper,40 mpg,carry 4 bikes,4 people,sleeps 4 people, cruise at 60-75 mph I’ve had a few,very easy to live with,reliable,cheap to service,cheap to insure,well cool !!!
    what more could you ask ?

roddersrambler
    Free Member

Thanks Keith but i have a big Vw festival near me,and ever since i saw about 4 of them overheating on the side of the road on a 1 mile stretch i have never fancied one.Too loud and slow i’m afraid.
    That sort of size mind.

Keef
    Free Member

the diesels are all water cooled,and don’t overheat as a rule,but hey each to their own,hope you find something that suits.

roddersrambler
    Free Member

Yeah your right diesels should be fine,didn’t see the “td” bit.Strange designs on the old petrol engines,how an air cooled system cools better when static is beyong me !! All to do with the poor ducting don’t you know 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vehicle dilemma…’ is closed to new replies.