Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • veggie
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

nope im not vegeterian…. but just watched Gordon Ramsey over in India… he hadnt eaten meat for just 2 days and he was going mental,,lol… being vegetarian makes you a very 'chilled out' person apparently, and if you eat meat you are always angry (oooohhh) !!!!
    we need meat to get up those long winding hills and switchbacks…we need some 'grrrrrrr' inside of us….. 😆

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nah.

sc-xc

I don't. Never been fitter since I stopped eating meat…

I'm not particularly chilled though.

jedi

im veggie and i'm chilled unless you nick my bike 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Im a vegetarian but im incredibly angry because I love the taste of meat but I know i cant eat it

tang
    Free Member

never eaten fish or meat in my life. im chilled most of the time. keep an eye on the protein.

elaineanne
    Free Member

never eaten fish ? i love fish….. have you never had good ole British 'fish n chips'….lol

Northwind

I was at David Bann's restaurant last night, all veggie dishes… I was skeptical, considered smuggling in some bacon but it was absolutely brilliant. Tofu and aubergine and suchlike instead of meat, usually if I'm eating out I go straight for mussels and steaks and the like but this was spot on.

If all vegetables were like that I could make the shift. But, mostly they're s**t 😉

jedi

curry= veggie food of the gods 🙂

Shak47

15 years a veggie no meat cravings and no need for meat to ride a bike hard, long and fast. Just get fired up with Lentil Dhaal and go for it.
    Wine Gum's though thats the thing that might make me turn, a co-worker used to bring them in to meetings to try and break me, git.
    Thank god for American Hard Gums.

liquidlogic_fritz
    Free Member

talking of vegetable curries (jedi), if any of you veggie folk are ever down in the south west then look up veggie perrins, the most amazing & yummy curry house! And i'm not a veggie!

millsonwheels
    Free Member

+1 for Veggie Perrins! It's really very good.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'm not veggie, but Mrs PP is and has been for 20 years or something like that.

So, fairly often I go a day or two without meat and my take on veggie food is that it's best when it's done in it's own right, so to speak. As in not trying to replicate a meat dish. She does this Jamacian bean stew, which is simply amazing. I luuuurve it. 🙂

Johnbot
    Free Member

I was waiting for the bike related part through out that but you made it in the end 😉

toys19
    Free Member

I'm a convicted carnivore, I am fat, unfit but bloody hard.
    Lots of my mates are veggy/vegan and they are all fit as tits..

I wish meat eaters would admit to themselves that they only eat meat for pleasure, you do not need it you can and will live a fantastically healthy live as a veggy, probably better than your average hormone soaked meat eater.

I only eat organic/free range or that which I have killed, and I do it all for pleasure only.

The funny thing is when I tell people that I shoot pheasant/bunny/deer they say "ooh how cruel" as they tuck into their lamb chop..
    I say to all my fellow m,eat eaters face up to your morals.

McQ
    Free Member

I've only recently become a veggie i.e. within the last two years. On a whole I don't miss meat and I do feel better for not eating it.

However there is the odd morning I walk past the bacon sandwich shop, ummmmm that smell..

On the original note – I am neither more or less chilled now than when I was shoving cow arse into my face.

aP
    Free Member

Gordo is a cock, who patronised and swore his way round India.
    He was a perfect ambassador for the ignorant Brit abroad.
    Most people I know who are committed meat eaters only really eat it for the texture.

tang
    Free Member

i was born in rural wales and when my parents told the GP i was to be vege he told them i would die!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am a vegan and you can be a healthy vegan or an unhealthy vegan – I know one whose diet is essentially chip butties and bourbon biscuits-he is a touch overweight and unfit beyond words. Likewise you can be a healthy or unhealthy meat eater dependent on diet. We certainly do not need meat to be healthy or fit but it depends on how well balanced your diet is. I suspect a vegan would be healthier than a pure carnivore but not sure that means anything. Carl lewis was a vegan when he won his 4 golds and iirc was voted Olympian of the last century. So is Clint Eastwood – sadly we also get Bryan Adams so it is not all good news!
    Eat as you wish it is your body/choice I doubt either makes you a better cyclist.

grahamb
    Free Member

I've been veggie for close to 30 years now, & i don't have problems getting up the hills. Wish i could say the same for getting down them though …

bananaworld
    Free Member

Go Junkyard!!

Very pleasant to find a fellow vegan on here. 😀

I was brought up as vegetarian and became vegan about 4.5 years ago, despite my parents' insistence that milk was the fricking be all and end all of a healthy diet (an idea they have from an Indian-origined religion, coincidently).

I find I've plenty of 'grrrrrrr' in me for getting up those hills and switchbacks and, should I need an extra helping of 'GRRRRR!!!' I simply ponder upon the shear mindlessness, selfishness and unsustainablity of consuming animal products.

Hmmmm…. maybe it's the non-meat-eaters who are the ones that're always angry…? 😉

(And I must hang my head and confess my addiction to bourbon biscuits – I share your friend's need…)

thomthumb
    Free Member

PP can you get us the recipie for jamacain bean stew – that sounds good.

I am recent veggie convert and so far i've been tempted by porkpies at christmas. and a gammon sandwhich when i was bonking!

enjoyed the pies – and feel no guilt as they would have been wasted anyway. the sandwhich did the job but i didn't really enjoy it.

I'm finding eating out difficult – sometimes the veggie options are so crap. veggie pasta with roast veg on the side! veggie lasagne with veg on the side! also one of my favourite places to drink have the grand total of one veggie thing on the menu – salad!

chakaping
    Free Member

Gordo is a cock

+1

I didn't eat meat for almost 15 years. I do again now. Hasn't made much difference that I can tell.

Was probably at my fittest when I was most veggie though.

london_lady
    Free Member

I have been veggie for over 20years and still struggle up hills (I think that is more a mental thing than anything else though) – going down is another matter (thanks to chickpeas).

miketually
    Free Member

My 6-year-old daughter has decided that she's a vegetarian. She's far from chilled.

My 4-year-old daughter, however, could eat sausages for Britain and is as chillaxed as they come.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

mmmmmmmm meat…

c
    Free Member

I eat mostly veggie as my partner has been for 25 years. Do eat fish every couple of weeks and will eat meat maybe 3/4 times a year when we eat out. I think I feel better / fitter now that I eat less meat but being veg-fake-atarien has also made me eat less processed food so it could be down to that!
    I want the recipe for Jamacain bean stew… !!

ourmaninthenorth

and a gammon sandwich when i was bonking!

I thought most people went for the 13 times table… 😉

woodsman
    Free Member

I'm not a veggie, but haven't eaten red meat for over 20 years. There is nothing I miss about it, quite the opposite I can't stand the smell of it cooking even.

I'm chilled on the whole, and I have little problems on switchbacks and hills Elaine! 😉

Shackleton

Been veggie at home for 9 years due to other half. I don't miss meat and I've realised that most of the meat I used to eat was c&ap and was meat for the sake of meat. Now I eat meat or fish maybe once a month and make sure it is a nice bit. Much better. Plus junk food now seems less appealing because of the "meat" in it.

I don't feel like I suffer from being underpowered, but then I ate meat whilst a teenager so developed muscles and that while growing. Protein intake probably more important during childhood and puberty than adulthood.

But as for chilled – usually not. Quite often in a bewildered pi$$ boiling fury due to the moronic actions of various people.

chakaping
    Free Member

I thought most people went for the 13 times table…

Hahaha.

First time I've heard it called the gammon sandwich. Is that like a pork sword?

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

veggie+1, however, grumpy and plenty or GRRRRRR, probably less so than some, but get me on a rant and i'm off on one!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Pescitarian (sp?)

And I'll fight you all! ALL OF YOU, Y'HEAR?

Not that I'm angry or anything. 😉

akira

Pimpmaster, why does someone always bring up religion. 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

😆

Sorry.

😳

brassneck

Veggie for 18 years but still fat, crisps are still allowed you see.

junkyard, your vegan mate on chip butties, how on earth did he do that without lashings of butter, thats the whole point 😀

ART

Saw a snippet of that Ramsay programme – quite enough, the man really is a prize w****r. Anyhow, have been veggie now for 26 years, it's all good, really in fact when I think about how trying to eat out anywhere used to be for veggies it's bloody fantastic these days. We have the lovely Demuths here in Bath who do the best veggie food – and I can thoroughly recommend their cookery school. Any class that has you downing shots of ammeretto at 11am is good in my books. 😉

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I've been vegan for 15 years this year…

…and about as far from chilled as you are likely to get in a small female package (although do seem to be mellowing with age!) 😆

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I live with a veggie have done for past 10 years and subsequently can take it or leave it when i comes to meat.

I'm cosidering giving up red meat as since I had my gallbladder out it totally doesn't agree with me to the point the flatulance it gives me gets me down – and yes I do enjoy a fart but sometimes it's beyond a joke!! 😳

So I am going to stop eating red meat from this point and see if that makes a difference.

I know I need to eat more fish especially the oiley variety for omega 3 so will have a serious look at our family diet and see if that can help our overall health and well being!

As for veggie's being chilled – I'd agree to a point my wife is chilled but a veggie co-worker is a time bomb that regularly pops 😯

onewheelgood

+1 for David Banns – awesome food.

I've been a veggie for 21 years, compared to most of my peers I seem to be in better shape (I'm 50 now), but I'm not sure if any of that is down to diet – might just be that I ride my bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘veggie’ is closed to new replies.