Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • vegetarian question,
  • project
    Free Member

So accidently bought sausage in beans for tomorrows breakfast for my mate who is staying round,problem is he is a vegetarian, so is it possibele to just fork out the sausages and say nothing, or go through heaped snow drifts and get a tin of just beans just to satisfy his breakfast hunger tomorrow..

bruneep

probably no meat in them anyway.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Do the honourable thing and get your boots on.

alexpalacefan

Yep, it’s shopping time

APF

darthweasel
    Free Member

Just tell him they are Quorn.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If this is a serious question then the answer is NO – if i fished out a turd would you still eat it as there is now none in it?
    You could ask him and see what he says what with him being your friend and all. I suppose they might, but i dont know a veggie who would.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

you’d be surprised at just how many people think there’s nothing wrong with doing that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have experienced the offer to pick the bits of chicken out of chicken Heinz soup to make it veggie.
    They seemed surprised when I declined and needed it explaining – granted it was about 20 years ago and it was an offer borne of kindness.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Like you say the problem is he’s a vegetarian, has he got the problem or is it you ?

Best option dont answer the door.

avdave2

I suppose they might, but i dont know a veggie who would.

Then let me introduce myself. Hello Junkyard my name is Dave and I’ve been a vegetarian since 1985 and I’m very pleased to meet you. 🙂

If you told me then I might eat them, it’s not a religion to me not an absolute that will see me burn in hell for ever if I somehow ingest meat. I haven’t eaten it for 28 years but if I want a steak tomorrow nothing is stopping me, I feel no compunction to remain a vegetarian it’s just that in all these years I’ve never felt the desire to eat meat or fish. I only rarely consume any dairy products as well. However having spent the last 17 years travelling all over the world for work I can be pretty sure that I’ve eaten things that have probably had pretty close contact with sausages.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bloody reasonable rational level-headed vegetarians. Us omnis can’t be doing with the likes of you around here. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

However having spent the last 17 years travelling all over the world for work I can be pretty sure that I’ve eaten things that have probably had pretty close contact with sausages.

so have i but never through choice?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

beans are off, beans and sausages are on…the decision is his

nickc

but i dont know a veggie who would.

I’m a veggie and it wouldn’t bother me if you just fished them out.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Who would have guessed STW was full of the exceptions to the rule 😉

loum
    Free Member

Like you say the problem is he’s a vegetarian

No. That isn’t a problem at all.
    If he wants you to go out through heaped snow drifts to fetch him a different breakfast, then the problem is him being a knob. 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

this is the problem…

unklehomered
    Free Member

points of interest.

Huff and Anus do not, meat make.

I’m not veggie and I wouldn’t be keen eating anything that has had a beans and sausage sausage in it like a manky anus teabag for about a month (maybe more, maybe less, don’t know what the turn around is on a tin of beans and huff sausage

wordnumb
    Free Member

probably no meat in them anyway.

This, because if the ready-meal lasagna isn’t what you thought it was then the meat in a tin of beans and sausages is going to something truly horrible.

hoodoo
    Free Member

@project, why not just ask him? He may be ok with removing them. Everyone is different. In my opinion, go and buy some more beans because the ones you have will be contaminated with vile meatiness.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Give him something else for breakfast. Porridge, muselli, dust etc.

kayak23

You sound like a good friend… 🙄

Cougar

I wouldn’t want them. I’d have used the same analogy as Junkyard.

I’m surprised there’s a difference of opinion, but seeing as there is, best off asking your friend how he feels. Or ask them to bring some round from home.

Either way, just not saying anything isn’t good.

nick1962
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want them. I’d have used the same analogy as Junkyard.

This one ?

If this is a serious question then the answer is NO – if i fished out a turd would you still eat it as there is now none in it?

As far as I know, but I’m no doctor, eating human shit carries little nutritional value and is a potentially serious health risk.The same cannot be said for eating a sausage(most of the time for you pedants )
    So all in all it’s a poor analogy.
    I would phone him and ask him to pick up a tin on his way or leave beans off his plate altogether.
    Oh and definitely show him this thread.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I kinda knew what he meant though.

Surely you did too didn’t you? Or did you not? 😕

Eyepic
    Free Member

Great thread…. Buy beans … ask him if he would have minded…. Tell us all the result.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You need to work really hard to not see the point I was getting at but here let me explain.

There are things that can be in food that you dont want to eat removing them before serving does not make it somehow meat or poo free.

nick1962
    Free Member

Of course,removing food from food rather than excrement but that would spoil the vegetarian hyperbole 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

that would spoil the vegetarian hyperbole

Oh, how terribly predictable. 😐

nick1962
    Free Member

I eat these myself,well Morrissons but couldn’t find a pic
    Should keep everyone happy,no horsemeat,pigs lips testicles,eyebrows etc

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Shit gets through the swear filter?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Just tell him you’ve run out of beans and serve the toast, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes without them 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

New beans.

And next time he comes round get one of these bad boys in.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shit is indeed permitted as a word.
    I think the more pressing question here, aside from the inter-Nicene feuding vegetablists, is – What kind of inhuman demon would ever purchase a tin that contained both beans AND sausage?

pease
    Free Member

If he’s anything like my better half then, NO!! I have to be aware of what spoons etc I stir things with. It seems cross contamination on any scale is a big no no.. I have learnt the hard way!! 😆

olddog

CptFH – Sausage ‘n’ beans – pah – You should try All Day Breakfast in a tin,, they even do a vegetarian version. Sometimes your food should make you feel dirty!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sometimes your food should make you feel dirty!

You mean shopping at Tesco?

theboatman
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the op, and his guest, most people would be able to provide a breakfast alternative like toast or cereal. Life must be tough.

mefty
    Free Member

inter-Nicene

This has vexed me. Either it is just incorrect as the word I think you are looking for is internecine derived from necare to kill rather than anything to do with the city of Nicaea of creed fame. Alternatively, it could have been a rather contorted attempt to play on words between the two, but then surely it would have been better to use intra?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mefty, was typing on a tablet. Was meant to be internecine. (On laptop now!)

Still, no matter what you say, sausages do not belong in a tin.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘vegetarian question,’ is closed to new replies.