Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Vanilla R TFTuned advice please.
  • Euro
    Free Member

Toying with the idea. Opinions welcome from anyone who had it done. Would it be worth the extra cash to get the PUSH service also?

The Van R shock is on what is commonly referred to as a mini DH bike. Used for mainly mini DH duties on rough natural trails with the jumps, drops and stuff.

Ta.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Do it, its worth every penny. The shock is plusher, gets less fussed about multiple hits and works so well its almost annoying it didn't work like that when you first bought it from Fox. Let TFT know your weight and which bike and wait a couple of days before you grin like a cheshire cat

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers Andy.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Worth doing, you can also ask them for specfic stuff so the shock feels like you want it too, such as higher ramp at the end of the stroke, etc

LoCo
    Free Member

Other shock tunings are available 😉

Euro
    Free Member

Just resurrecting this.

Sent my 36 Talas and Vanilla R over xmas to get fettled. Cost a bit more than expected due to various bent bits etc.

Fitted the parts on Friday and was a little disappointed with the results. Forks felt the same (if not a little softer) than before and the rear felt a little stiffer – but I put this down to the extra 100lbs added to the spring. This test was done in the street.

Took the bike to a local dh spot yesterday for a proper test. This is a spot I ride often and know exactly how my bike behaves going down it. Rough rocky sections, off-camber, rooty, wet, slippy bits. Fast flowy bumpy sections and a few berms and jumps. A proper test.

WOW! and double WOW!!

I feel like I have a new bike. A bike with a couple of inches more travel. I had hoped getting the service/tune would stop my bike getting ‘lost’ in the bumpy stuff and it has. The back end just sticks to the ground and front just eats up everthing in its path. It’s almost too easy now. First couple of runs down I really couldn’t believe the difference getting this done had made to the bike. More testing resulted in more amazement. My bike corners better too??? How did that happen?

Granted my suspension was 5+ years old and had never recieved any loving but I was so please with the transformed bike that I actually washed it when I got home. I’ve never done that before.

Expensive but worth every penny.

p.s. Sorry Loco, at the time I didn’t know you did this kind of thing too – next time I’ll give you a shout.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Vanilla R TFTuned advice please.’ is closed to new replies.