Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • van insurance recommendations – fast!
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

got an insurance quote last Tuesday. Best price/cover was with Adrain Flux. My first van so thought i’d make some enquiries first and ensure it’s insurable before buying van, so got them down to £670. Got quote number and a text saying use this number to take up cover.

Picked vehicle up on Saturday with Ford free 7 day cover.

Called up today to take cover and they go through it all again and it’s gone up to £1,009!!

Played hell with them on phone and they’re not interested.

Any ideas folks?

BoardinBob

brentacre

legend
    Free Member

Used to use Churchill on a normal car type policy without any issues

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Brentacre
    A Plan
    NFU Mutual

Was with the last one, now with Brentacre. Cheapest. Brilliant and no charge for most basic mods, just drop them a mail to update policy.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Aviva

lalazar
    Free Member

As above Brentacre. Ime paying about £500 fully comp 8nsured as a business.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m currently with the Post Office but I think rather than asking who others are with the best thing you can do is to try at least 2 or 3 of the price comparison websites.

nosedive
    Free Member

Churchill. My insurance went down when i switched from an A6 to a Vito

somafunk

I’m with churchill for my ford connect, £189 fully comp/protected no claims.

PJ266
    Free Member

Brentacre for me, they are understanding of modifications.

jairaj

Thats a bit rubbish, did they explain why the price hike? Did some your details change eg saem van but different spec?

If you’re just using the van as a van then I used the usual compare websites and went with Admiral. The policy was underwritten by Aviva but was cheaper through Admiral. IT allowed some simple mods to the rear while I do a self conversion. eg ply lining and adding shelving (a bed). But I’ll have to change to policies when I start to do more stuff to it.

redstripe
    Free Member

Google compare sites. Directline van insurance was £250 fully comp for me with all the add ons inc. Green Flag breakdown cover, thought that was okay.

slowboydickie

+1 Brentacre

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

They are amongst the most disgusting shysters you are legally strong armed into to dealing with, always trying to dupe you into worthless extras they earn commission from!

You ring up and go it’s not for commercial use and they go what really, you having a laugh pal, silence while the lie detector does it’s thing, so what do you intend to do it with it then……… you do realise it can’t have any sign writing or racking installed and you can only drive that vehicle even though we call it fully comp, oh and it’s the same price as a commercial policy.

Got variations of this approach from most. Really unhelpful even with lengthy no claims. Went with Octagon in the end (was more expensive than a typical car) but I wouldn’t recommend them!

bear-uk
    Free Member

Aviva. £260 for me with 500ltr tank mod and all extras included.

jeff

Try Aviva – mainstream insurer, no problems with mods, and I’ve been through a claim process with them too.

Have used Brentacre but wasn’t a fan of their MakerStudy(?) policy they sell.

i_like_food

A-plan for me.

It’s always a hassle to find car insurance, even with comparison sites it’s possibly my most hated way to spend non-work time.

A-plan insured my T5 with some modifications (remap) as fully comp about £450. That’s with a T4 forum discount, not sure if you can find something similar?

Good luck!

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Another one with brentacre here

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Another with A1 Plan here. VW T6 insured with them.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’m with direct line and its actually cheaper to insure my van through them than my car. However, I do have a car on a Direct Line policy as well which helped keep my costs down.

Over a £1000 to insure a van? What are you doing with it, transporting nuclear waste? Mine is full of all manner of toxic chemicals and it costs less than a quarter of that to insure it.

pocketrocket
    Free Member

More Than have been the cheapest for the last two years running for me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘van insurance recommendations – fast!’ is closed to new replies.