Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Van awnings – recomendations please
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Hello.
    I am looking for an awning for my van. I would like a pull out/roll up retractable type rather than a tent that you assemble next to it.
    The van in question is a 2004 Ford Transit SWB low roof so has the rain gullies along the sides an a sliding door up to the roof.
    The problem is that I have lined and insulated the van and so bolting anything to the walls or roof is something I don’t want to, maybe even can’t do.
    What are the options? I have had a look on the google but can’t find anything which attaches like a roof rack, are there any? Or are there any which would attach to roof bars? Should be able to fit some of those easily enough.
    Cheers.

db

I have a F35 which fits on roof bars. With these:
    http://www.fiammadepot.co.uk/fiamma-awnings/awning-adaptors/f35/fiamma-23091.html

I use it with my car as a ‘pit’ area, works fine. The adaptors are not pretty but work fine.

db

joeegg
    Free Member

You can rivet Fiamma windouts.They also do a roll out one that can stay on the van and rolls back into a zip up bag.Again,you would have to rivet a straight piece of awning rail onto the van.

andrewh
    Free Member

Those brackets look ideal db. Just got to keep an eye out for a second hand Fiamma now, they aren’t cheap.
    Not sure about riveting Joe, it could be done but getting behind to strengthen anything would be a PITA. Would the roof, or at least the bit above the rain gully, be strong enough to rivet straight into? How would I make certain it was water tight?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Van awnings – recomendations please’ is closed to new replies.