Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 167 total)
  • Vallelujah
  • BoardinBob

Heavy rain forecast…

AlexSimon

Yep – it gets worse every day I look at the forecast. Still time for it to change though.

legend
    Free Member

Still time for it to change though.

lolz 😉

SS tyre not likely to be a good option this weekend! Will shred Spooky Woods though

thegman67

My friend has entered it and has asked me down on Sat to join him for practise. Will I be allowed on the trails or I be stopped from using them.

legend
    Free Member

Yeah you wont be allowed to ride them unless you’re on a brightly coloured Santa Cruz I’m afraid

AlexSimon

It says in the rider notes that only people with a number board will be allowed in the downhill sections. How well that is enforced I have no idea.

bigjim

yeah bright Santa Cruz, goggles and bright kit, say “stoked” or “sick” a lot and you’ll probably be fine without a number board

Northwind

It’s pretty impractical to enforce but the intent is pretty clear, I don’t think the important question is will you be stopped or not tbh.

bigtimebones
    Free Member

I have used the Minion SS successfully at the NDH Enduro at Kielder and BPW and it has been very impressive but thinking on steeper, slippery terrain I may switch out.

yeah bright Santa Cruz, goggles and bright kit, say “stoked” or “sick” a lot

How did you know what I looked like? 😉

legend
    Free Member

How did you know what I looked like?

You’re going to Glentress, that’s what everyone looks like 😉

julzm
    Free Member

Northwind let us know where you are marshalling so we can shout at you! I’ll be on an Mojo.

Northwind

I’ll be starting stage 5 apparently. And starting the day helping Hels polish roots or water the mud or something.

julzm
    Free Member

Polished roots no longer concern me with these big fat wheels I’m running 😆

Can’t say the same about the mud since there has been none since I got it.

Thinking positive……it can’t possibly be as muddy as last year!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Best of luck Julz!

proutster
    Free Member

Northwind
    I’ll be starting stage 5 apparently. And starting the day helping Hels polish roots or water the mud or something.

Good, at least at the start there’s slightly less chance of you seeing me:

1. Fall off
    2. Come to a complete stop in bewilderment
    3. Hug a tree
    4. Cry like a baby, asking for my Mummy

See you there 😀

Shandy
    Free Member

Is there a race license required for this? There is no mention of it in the Riders Notes.

BoardinBob

No

The only race licence I can think of would be a BC licence, and they walked away from enduro

ehrob

You must have read page 8 of the riders notes particularly attentively:

“The race is open to all riders, and no licence is required.”

Shandy
    Free Member

Thanks Bob.

ehrob I missed that, hopefully you will enjoy yourself at the weekend and lighten up a bit.

Northwind

So now I know what the stages are and IT BURNS!

legend
    Free Member

Well Spooky was always a given wasn’t it? And that’s very burny to race, especially when followed by some blue

Northwind

p p p poker face p p poker face

myopic
    Free Member

So, EWS 2015 stage 6 (I think) sees the light of day at last….?

moonsaballoon

So maps are out , looks like Zorro , fort downhill to peebles two over the other side then back for falla brae to finish ? looks good , plenty of climbing !

myopic
    Free Member

Where are maps? I haven’t had email and couldn’t see on website

mc
    Free Member

Is there a race this weekend???

richwak
    Free Member

Spare ticket for the race, drop me an email richwak@yahoo.co.uk . Heading up to Glentress in an hour so can meet you to give you ticket from around 5pm this evening.

BoardinBob

No map here yet but I heard the trails last week and spooky isn’t in. From what I heard

S1 = Zorro and only the first steep natural bit after it
    S2 = Zoom and Janets Brae
    S3 = Cademuir trail
    S4 = other cademuir trail
    S5 = Falla Brae red/black with some new bits

kimbers

Got the route maps email, I have no idea which ones which though

But disappointed to see that it’s dibbers and did I read you can shuttle on saturday 🙁

BoardinBob

You can shuttle but it’s not a massive help. The transition from GT to cademuir is flat and quite short

myopic
    Free Member

Still not got the email….

ferrit
    Free Member

I haven’t got the email either but maps are here:

Map1

Map2

myopic
    Free Member

:-)Thanks, Ferrit

BoardinBob

The fireroad section from the end of zoom to the start of janets brae was an absolute quagmire a few weeks ago because of all the forestry equipment that had been up and down it. Anyone known if it’s been reinstated?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I didn’t get the e-mail about maps either – did it contain any other useful information?

kimbers

Hope everyone’s ready for a great weekend of trail riding and racing. We’re getting everything prepped, taped and fettled so we just need the weather to play fair and we’re all good!

However… the weather may bring us cold weather, strong winds and rain – maybe even snow. Ah, fickle March. Please pack your kit and backpack accordingly. We will do our best to avoid queues at stage starts, but remember you may have to wait for a while or even deal with a mechanical in an exposed place.

You will be given a (virtually indestructible & waterproof) map at registration, so you don’t need to print these ones.

Other reminders:
    No course practice until Saturday, tracks closed on Friday.
    Remember to bring your entry confirmation
    Safety is no.1 – we’ll need to confirm your emergency contact number, so please have it with you.
    If you need to register for a friend, you must have a copy of their entry confirmation with you too.
    Registration opens 08.30 on Saturday morning.
    The car park on Sunday costs £3 – it would be great if you could have change for this. Normal FCS car parking charges on Saturday.
    Check the riders notes for anything else, or drop us a line at info@tweedlove.com, we’ll do our best to give you a quick answer.
    More Stage Info:

Stage One: Walking On Water
    Starts at The Mast, then down Mustard Snake, and Zorro. In essence a shortened version of the EWS 2014 stage.
    Stage Two: Passover Fast
    The classic descent to Peebles: Zoom Or Bust, a brutal short climb, The Fort descent and a techy finish near the Hydro.
    Stage Three: Judas Was Here
    Cademuir Classic featuring the quarry (watch out for sharp rocks!) and the lovely, but tricky, Vinyl Justice.
    Stage Four: The Resurrection
    We thought the Cademuir DH track was dead, after a storm turned the forest into matchsticks. But it’s not, and has been through the IC unit to get ready for this event. Welcome back old friend.
    Stage Five: Eggzit Stage Right?
    Back to Glentress and an arena finish for the final stage. A tough physical challenge to finish on – GT7 bomb hole, Falla wall, Falla Brae, slalom field and your mates waiting to encourage you home. Maybe.

The Course is around 32km with 1100m of ascent and descent.

See you on Saturday!
    The TweedLove Team

br
    Free Member

The fireroad section from the end of zoom to the start of janets brae was an absolute quagmire a few weeks ago because of all the forestry equipment that had been up and down it. Anyone known if it’s been reinstated?

It’s about 10 yards long 🙄 and yes now fully rideable.

I bet everyone riding wished that the event was actually today (we had a stunning dry day ride in the ‘valley’ today), and not on the second of two forecast very wet days…

Northwind

OK, who named Vinyl Justice?

Just hoping Falla and Zoom Or Bust are taped right tbh- we spent a lot of time fixing cornercut damage in both over the last year or so and Falla especially just won’t handle it. I know it’s too much to expect racers to stay on the trail…

kimbers

If it’s as wet as forecast im not sure I’ll be able to stay on any sort of trail.

Still get to test out my new waterproof
    ( but yeah today’s weather would’ve been much better)

proutster
    Free Member

b r

I bet everyone riding wished that the event was actually today (we had a stunning dry day ride in the ‘valley’ today), and not on the second of two forecast very wet days…

Ha! Just got up here after a lovely, completely dry, drive up from Manchester – hoping against hope, perhaps they’ve got the forecast wrong?

Anyway – what will be, will be – I’m still very much looking forward to riding these famed trails

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Vallelujah’ is closed to new replies.