Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Up too damn early
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Woke up at 3.30 having a mid-life crisis. Now I'm up.. feel better but I've got a two hour wait before the fam get up. Oh well.

mactheknife

Same here buddy, body clock is all over the place 😯

trail_rat
    Free Member

havnt been to bed yet … but then its only 11.30 pm here in houston 🙁 heading to bed shortly though

whats up with the midlife crisis ?

NZCol

I found myself sat on the deck last week at 4am with a bottle of Bowmore wrapped up in my down jacket and fleece pants just wondering wtf life was all about.

mactheknife

trail rat, just got back from houston a couple of weeks ago. Nice enough but as it was work i cant knock it. U work for wetherfords right??

trail_rat
    Free Member

yep mac , what about you ?

mactheknife

I work for an inspection company, was out doing a load of work on the Maersk Developer. Cracking rig. Have a good trip. I didnt get much time to see the place properly so cant give you much advice there.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah ok , i fly back to the uk tomorrow i was just out on a tool building and setting course on our land rig out here.

gasping for a good bike ride.

mactheknife

There is aparently some amazing riding about a half hour from where i was staying, the girl in out office was on the road bike every weekend.

laters

boxelder

I've been driven out of bed again by my girls – 3yrs and 7months.
    Haven't been in bed at 6am for months.
    Generally feel human by about 6.30 – Hmmmmmmmmm, coffee.

MrOvershoot

One of my lads phoned me @ 5am and now it looks like I have to go in to work on this fine day 🙁

rob2
    Free Member

I'm with boxelder. Daughter of 19 months and boy of 2 months. I'd murder for a lie in…

Still watching the blonde on tikabilla makes things a bit better :-p

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

I need some black out blinds for my kids room. In summer they won't go to sleep at their usual time and they wake up at 6am (in turn waking me up).

rusky
    Free Member

Blackout blinds are good, god only knows what time my 18month old would have been up without one 😕

He was up just before 6am. Missed tikabilla though 😥

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

That was good. 2yr old up at 6, missus off to work at 6.45. I down enough coffee to keep a squdron of fighter pilots buzzing and now 2year old has taken herself off to bed to get, "more sleep."

I'm wide-eyed and electrified.

rs
    Free Member

Woke up at 3.30 having a mid-life crisis. Now I'm up.. feel better but I've got a two hour wait before the fam get up. Oh well.

You woke up at 3.30 and bought a porsche? I didn't think the dealers opened that early 😯

deep_river
    Free Member

Ha nice one,

I dont know what us 'get up with the toddlers at 5:30am' would do without cbeebies and coffee

yunki
    Free Member

I dont know what us 'get up with the toddlers at 5:30am' would do without cbeebies and coffee

+1

yunki
    Free Member

just a thought on the subject of blackout blinds… go with the black colour is my recommendation..

My other half insisted on white for the boys room and black for ours to match the colour schemes.. now our room is encased in a warm rich darkness for as long as the blind is down.. whereas the boys room is lit to stunning effect from the crack of dawn!!

(dawn should really see a doctor.. or perhaps a spiritualist)

aviemoron
    Free Member

Ahhhh yes the Tikkabilla girl and the channel 5 girls as well. 2 kids under 4 – what's a lie-in?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Remarkably, my 3yr old son is still fast asleep in his bed, which is unusual for ten past 8. Sadly I was up at 6 to walk the dogs, and now it's off to work.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I was up at 4.00am, wide awake for some reason. As we're in Cornwall on hols I got up and took my book out on the balcony. Got to watch the sun rise which was rather lovely 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

+2

br
    Free Member

+1 for 'blackout' blinds, had them in all the kids rooms.

Woken by the dog going nuts just before 7. Went downstairs to see/hear him having a beano 'cos there was a hot-air balloon flying low over the garden…

theotherjonv

didn't get to bed until half one, catching up with work.

Then disrupted all night by a 4yo who can't sleep because it's so hot in her room, unfortunately it fronts to the road so we get pissed students stomping past until the early hours so we can't even really leave the window properly open, she's such a light sleeper it wakes her.

And then awake again at half six by the other one who wants to do 'something arty'.

And I've got a filthy cold too.

Dancake
    Free Member

Had a Night ride (full of close incounters with Deer and Doggers ) and didnt get to bed until 2.00am. Up at 7.30 these days (Oddly it was always 6.00 until we turned the cot into a bed…)

I have a rare opportunity to do a Saturday Ride today but I feel knackered!

GW
    Free Member

Have just got up and fed my 9mth old, sort yer toddlers out! 😛
    none of my kids get up before quarter to 8 (when I need them up by)

try playing with your kids, not too surprised they don't sleep if they are treated to being sat them infront of the TV monged out to CBeebies first thing every day, You never know they might even be tired enough to sleep through the night and they'll def talk less shite without the TV 😉

bruneep

just a thought on the subject of blackout blinds… go with the black colour is my recommendation..

My other half insisted on white for the boys room and black for ours to match the colour schemes.. now our room is encased in a warm rich darkness for as long as the blind is down.. whereas the boys room is lit to stunning effect from the crack of dawn!!

You can get black out blinds in many colours, if its letting in light then its not a black out blind.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You can get black out blinds in many colours, if its letting in light then its not a black out blind

Indeed, we have a cream one in the nursery.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well our twins have just started regularly sleeping till 7am. Unfortunately my wife and I are so used to being up, we are awake at 4am 😐

yunki
    Free Member

You can get black out blinds in many colours, if its letting in light then its not a black out blind.

yeah you'd think.. only.. light tends to creep around the edges of the tesco value blinds… the black one absorbing some of the excess light can be my only guess as to why we are getting such contrasting results..

try playing with your kids

how rude! I don't know about the other folks curcumstances that use beebies and coffee… and nor do you.. so dishing out advice is a bit rich.

I'm a bit offended though as I agree with you entirely..

Bunnyhop

Try blackout lining on the back of curtains.

The blinds can sometimes let light in around the edges when fitted in a recess.

rob2
    Free Member

its not the kids that watch cbeebies its me! my daughter gets up and draws or reads gruffalo (again!)

aracer
    Free Member

Couldn't really care less what colour the blackout blinds are – having them doesn't mean you can't have curtains as well (which helps cut off some of the light which sneaks round the edge).

molgrips
    Free Member

We've got lovely red orange and pink flowers on a white background for curtains – they're lined with white blackout fabric, and block the light perfectly.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Up too damn early’ is closed to new replies.