Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Unlocking iPhone from EE (I'm not original owner)
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Anyone done it? Can anyone recommend an online unlocker? Seems like a minefield of dodgy websites.

I have an iPhone 5. Locked to EE / Orange. I’m not the original owner.

It seems that EE are a pain in the arse for online forms etc.

Thanks

nickdavies

Easiest way is to get original owner to do it if you know them – they can still do it years after the contract with a phone call for £20.

Beagleboy

I thought I was going to have to go through this sort of hell when my wife bought a 2nd hand Blackberry. It was on O2, but she’s on Virgin methinks. Anyway, I went to one of those ‘unlocking’ shops you see on the high street and the guy said he’d do it for around a tenner, but first I should just try putting the Virgin Sim card in and see what happens.

Turns out the phone recognized the new Sim card no problem.

Don’t know if it’s of any use to you, but if you haven’t tried it yet, might be worth a go.

C.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks.

I think I might try the high st when I get the phone. I bought the phone from here but the seller (very upfront before I paid, I’m not complaining) said he’d fallen out with Orange and can’t be arsed with sorting out the unlock.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above jut try a sim card, my guess is it won’t work though. I got my T-Mobile/EE iPhone 4S unlocked by them but it was a pain as they just outsourced it to a call centre in South Africa who then didn’t actually confirm they had done the unlock. They charged £25 which frankly is a rip off if the phone is more than 24 months old as it’s paid for. Anyway bottom line is you are probably looking at a high st (back st really 😐 ) un-lock.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Most markets have a stall that’ll do it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Has it got original owners password on it? Jailbreak it i reckon

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Jailbroken iphones can be carrier unlocked?

Nope, no password.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

jailbreak to run software that lets you unlock it. or take it to a market stall… 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

So much drivel

Buy a 99p payg EE sim. Top up £10. Ring orange they take £9 off credit. Wait. Phone gets unlocked.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Can you explain a little more WYSIWYG?

Have you done this?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Surely that’s self explanatory?

Ok. Travel by an appropriate mode of transport to the nearest merchant of EE SIM cards. Exchange money for SIM card. You may or may not need change. If change is applicable insert change in appropriate receptical I personally recommend the right pocket. Remove sim from packaging and remove sim tray from phone. A paper clip or the official sim pin will do the job dandy. Place EE sim in tray and re insert tray into phone. Top up phone via customer services to the tune of £10 with your credit or debit card. Turn over the phone if a 5> if 4s/4 consult sim tray and make a note of the long imei number on the rear of the phone. May I suggest a bic pen and a piece of paper as the recording medium. Ring EE customer services and speak to an operator. Request the unlock, make polite conversation. Supply the appropriate imei number when requested. Operator will process this and the £9 credit will be removed from your sim. Hang up after thanking the operator. Wait 48 hours. Try a non EE sim in the phone, the phone will attempt to activate. If it fails wait and re attempt later. Come back here and thank me.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Jailbreak doesn’t work to carrier unlock iPhones. Phone up EE as the man says.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

wysiwyg – long day at work or always act like that?

robdob
    Free Member

MCPH – his first response was pretty clear. 🙂

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I wanted to know if he’d done this as I can’t find anyone else online suggesting it. It goes against everything else I’ve read.

Still an arsey answer.

jambalaya
    Free Member

In defence of @wysiwyg this seemed pretty clear to me

Buy a 99p payg EE sim. Top up £10. Ring orange they take £9 off credit. Wait. Phone gets unlocked.

EDIT: as a follow up IME phone companies won’t unlock phones unless you have one of their SIM cards in it, so buy a cheap one and then they’ll do it.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Arsey answers usually mean the guys is super confident in what he has said. WYSIWYG seems to post up regular on phone type threads so would believe him for the sake of £10

sbob
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member

Surely that’s self explanatory?

Ok. Travel by an appropriate mode of transport to the nearest merchant of EE SIM cards. Exchange money for SIM card. You may or may not need change. If change is applicable insert change in appropriate receptical I personally recommend the right pocket. Remove sim from packaging and remove sim tray from phone. A paper clip or the official sim pin will do the job dandy. Place EE sim in tray and re insert tray into phone. Top up phone via customer services to the tune of £10 with your credit or debit card. Turn over the phone if a 5> if 4s/4 consult sim tray and make a note of the long imei number on the rear of the phone. May I suggest a bic pen and a piece of paper as the recording medium. Ring EE customer services and speak to an operator. Request the unlock, make polite conversation. Supply the appropriate imei number when requested. Operator will process this and the £9 credit will be removed from your sim. Hang up after thanking the operator. Wait 48 hours. Try a non EE sim in the phone, the phone will attempt to activate. If it fails wait and re attempt later. Come back here and thank me.

Jacket, shirt or trouser pocket?
    If trouser then front or rear? 😕

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Trouser. I find shirt leads to change ejaculation when I lean forward. And usually the right. Despite being a left hooker.

And if you would like confirmation

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/unlock-your-ee-phone-for-8-99-was-20-42-2163548

Dry sense of humour innit 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Unlocking iPhone from EE (I'm not original owner)’ is closed to new replies.