Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Union membership down by half
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

enfht – Member

You just gave Billy Brag a stiffy.

enfht makes an inane comment shocka !

GEDA
    Free Member

I have an idea. Let’s just buy all our stuff from a place that does not allow unions and pays their workers pence a day. That means we kill two birds with one stone. Get cheap stuff and reduce the power of the unions. May be I might send a mail to all the bike suppliers on here to see if the factories that make their stuff allow unions as it seems like a basic human right to me.

andywoods
    Free Member

union membership where i work is on the decline, partially due to an incapable union official(who does absolutely nothing for his members)

anagallis_arvensis

I’m in a union and have been on strike for a day. It really pissedoff everyone on here!!!

Flaperon

Might be because they’re rubbish, with the senior brass sucking up to both management and the government in the hope of a knighthood or senior job after leaving the union?

In the last three years my union has allowed a broadly unionised workforce to suffer a massive degradation of terms and conditions.

carlosg
    Free Member

I’m in a union and have been on strike in the past , during the last strikes my union managed to negotiate away £25 a week from my wage!
    The only real reason I keep up with my subs is for the legal protection.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

People join unions for lots of reasons, those who are anti are happy to enjoy the benefits gained by unions though, never hear of people refusing a wage rise that has been gained, improved conditions etc……

You pay a lot of money (taxes,ni, ) to the govt every week, paying a relativly small amount to someone who will fight your corner seems a no-brainer to me

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Union membership down by half’ is closed to new replies.