Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

funkmasterp

Anybody had a bike or a refund yet?

dirkpitt74

funkmasterp
    Anybody had a bike or a refund yet?

Probably not, but they may have been offered some vegan cheese – although in this heat it might not be so good……

philxx1975
    Free Member

At least Storey can go back to running Sick bikes now.

Next model the lightningboltiscist.

stevied
    Free Member

Big things are going on behind the scenes

They’re actually paying people back or supplying the frames people ordered?

orangespyderman

They’re actually paying people back or supplying the frames people ordered?

You’re just being silly now 😀

RustyNissanPrairie

Not at all, they aren’t going anywhere. Big things are going on behind the scenes, they are here to stay.

Who gives a shit? Did they find a cure for cancer, solve world hunger, remove all the plastic crap from the world etc?
    No, they tried selling a few metal tubes welded together and royally **** it up.

tomhoward

they are here to stay.

All of them?

jasonrubicon
    Free Member

Apparently they still haven’t paid anyone back and have not been answering emails. They apparently have been just using the email address off the Sick bike co. website like laundering emails. The guy who runs that can only group message them in WhatsApp. But they still won’t answer.

tdog
    Free Member

Sounds like a real shitter but in the end for who…

This is the great unknown I suppose.

Tim
    Free Member

pigyn
    Not at all, they aren’t going anywhere. Big things are going on behind the scenes, they are here to stay.

Well, if they won’t even speak to their current customers, how are they here to stay in business?

They can do as many big things behind the scenes…but if they continue to treat people like shit, then how is the company going to sell a single other item.

The only way I’d buy off them is if I could pay on delivery…and even then it would have to be very cheap as you know the warranty would be worth nothing.

You need trust in business. No one trusts this company anymore.

Just buy a BFe, or a Trailstar, or a Stanton… They’ll turn up, have a warranty and probably be better bikes

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I think he was being ironic.

JP

Tim
    Free Member

jjprestidge

I think he was being ironic.

JP

Ah balls 🙂

Hook, line and sinker!

pigyn
    Free Member

Well, I was just repeating one of the last communications they made, if you think that’s taking the piss so be it 😅😅😅*

* I was taking the piss

matt_outandabout

Is this just coincidence..?

Dave Trummer from PB coverage of DH

Trimix
    Free Member

Well, he does seem to be on a bike, so it cant be connected 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

nah that is Sick Series Fabio Wilner stuff  . Do try and keep up!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well, he does seem to be on a bike, so it cant be connected

Though in a strange parallel its going down hill fast, all the way to the bottom, and DT also hasn’t provided a bike or refund to any of sick’s creditors.

v7fmp

maybe anything with Sick in its name is doomed….

as the sick series brand website is also down?!

or they are just having a re-design/re-stock?!

russyh
    Free Member

Could do with a follow up article by STW now…. some panorama style investigative journalism.  Basically looks like they have done a runner now!

Trimix
    Free Member

We also need an update on the Rich Energy thread, both were similar and entertaining.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

It looks like you can still buy stuff from their website – but their IG has been dead for a while.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It looks like you can still buy stuff from their website

That’s been through problem the whole time though. It just looks like you can buy stuff, in practice you just get to pay.

shooterman

I have to say Sick don’t appear to be the only ones adopting fairly unscrupulous social media tactics.

Deleting customer comments not congruent with claims made in your marketing seems to be common practice now. Same thing happened on the Intense UK FB page.

tomhoward

Out of interest, are they still doing regular drops of T-shirt’s and other merch, or has that dried up too?

stevied
    Free Member

has that dried up too?

Drier than a dead dingo’s donger by the look of it. Last ‘drop’ was May..

mark88

Same thing happened on the Intense UK FB page.

Intrigued by this, what’s going on?

Poopscoop

Someone on this thread did say a long while back that when most smaller companies go pop it’s usually just a silent slide into oblivion rather than a large and noisy implosion.

I suspect that’s what’s happened here.

I would bet money that these characters will be involved in other start up ventures over the years to come though.

Which will be interesting to watch.

newworldlobster
    Free Member

did anyone actually get any refunds?

will hannah do a follow up?

will the dh fanboy brobros be munching on vegan cheez at uplifts near you soon?

honourablegeorge

I was amused to discover today that the French word for vegan cheese is ‘fauxmage’

shooterman

@Mark88 Intense kept me hanging for six months waiting on a bike. Kept pushing the availability back. I had sold my own bike to fund the purchase as I was told by Intense it would be available in a few weeks. I was left without a bike for 5 months. Still don’t have one and I am at the point of quitting MTB.

So, Intense Cycles UK posted some marketing blurb about how efficient they were at getting bikes out to customers quickly. I commented that wasn’t my experience. Intense deleted the comment and blocked me on their FB page.

Couldn’t help thinking it was straight out of the Sick playbook.

tomhoward

I thought it was a retailer that had done you over, before intense went direct?

shooterman

I got caught up with a retailer who was in the process of going under unknown to me. Took my money and I had some difficulty getting it back. That was on an Intense purchase.

To be fair to Intense, they sorted me out over that. The marketing guys from Intense Cycles UK on FB appears to be different kettle of fish. Invited me to PM him on a public post then blocked me so I couldn’t. It struck me as either an hysterical reaction to criticism or an underhand way to hide criticism.

dannyh
    Free Member
    scottfitz
    Free Member

I was just thinking of Sick this morning, well my Sick Ti gnarcissist. I was planning on selling a couple of months ago, I didn’t and its still my bike of choice / fav to ride.

Shame the Sick boys turned our to be cockwobblers because they made a really good bike.

tomhoward

So is that all the customers still waiting for frames, either having ordered on of these, or expecting this as a replacement, ****ed then?

Last years accounts are due in a couple of months, or do we think they’ll not bother and have companies house just strike them off?

they made a really good bike.

They didn’t.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well that’s not exactly on message…

Glad you got your bike mate and it’s OK. Makes you wonder how they got stuff so wrong.

Well actually, no its quite obvious. But it could have been a good thing.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Last years accounts are due in a couple of months, or do we think they’ll not bother and have companies house just strike them off?

Does anyone* think anything else?  It’s the cheap simple no effort method of walking away

*apart from Hora

brant
    Free Member

So is that all the customers still waiting for frames, either having ordered on of these, or expecting this as a replacement, ****ed then?

If anyone’s actually paid money for one of these and not had a refund we’d happily see what we can do to sort things out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.