Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Under Armour.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

One of the fastest growing brands out there at the minute? Just flicked over to the masters and it would seem even golfers love the UA brand.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

One of the fastest growing brands out there at the minute? Just flicked over to the masters and it would seem even golfers love get paid to wear the UA brand.

I was thinking just this the other day. Huge marketing budget will make anything appear successful, good and desirable.

scaredypants

been very common/popular in the USA for ages but they do seem to be branching out into lots of sports and new countries

matt_outandabout

Not as fast growing as you may think.

Big marketing. Big pro presence. Trying to raise marketing budget on kickstarter…

smurfly13
    Free Member

Just got back from the USA on holiday – and everyone wears it there, sports, casual, kids, shoes, everything!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I know a lad who was marketing it maybe two/three years ago. Went on a promo tour with spurs who were one of the first teams/groups I could think of who were using it. Noticed joshua was emblazoned with it also during last night’s fight.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I think I read that they’re the 2nd largest sports-wear company in the world now, only behind Nike.

matt_outandabout

Not in the UK.

Their UK sales manager is a friend… 😉

plyphon
    Free Member

They also own My Fitness Pal – probably the most popular calorie tracking app.

But they’ve been big for a while. In a few of the Fast and Furious movies the Rock is head to toe with the stuff.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

But they’ve been big for a while. In a few of the Fast and Furious movies the Rock is head to toe with the stuff.

Must be good then. 😛

pirahna
    Free Member

Their undies are excellent, 6 inch leg for day wear, 9 inch leg under shorts at the gym. I seem to have accumulated many pairs.

Stoner
    Free Member

was wearing their socks on the rugby pitch today.

trying them out after being let down by canterbury crap again.
    Will see if they shrink in the wash…

konabunny
    Free Member

Think there’s an interesting profile on the New Yorker website…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@stoner how do socks let you down exactly ? 😉

Northwind

plyphon – Member

That IS big. Or very very stretchy.

markgraylish
    Free Member

They also had a pretty big on-screen presence in “The Wired” TV series IIRC…

BigDummy
    Free Member

My gym went from being mostly dressed by Lululemon to being 50% Under Armour as soon as a shop opened in Hong Kong.

kilo

markgraylish – Member
    They also had a pretty big on-screen presence in “The Wired” TV series IIRC…

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO #

They’re a Baltimore company so would be local for the Wire

scaredypants

@stoner how do socks let you down exactly ?

Well, I guess mostly they let themselves down

batfink
    Free Member

Just been looking at some UA stuff for the gym actually.

Seems to me to be very low quality compared to the retail price. Mix in a strong marketing campaign, I think that tells you everything you need to know about their strategy 😐

Not saying it’s a bad business strategy, or that other brands don’t do the same, but the quality seems worse that Nike et al, but the cost is equivalent.

BillOddie

I have a few bits of Under Armour kit for the gym and biking.

It’s decent quality and the fit (for me) is bang on.

Back in the 90s I ordered one of their first compression base layers to wear under my American Football pads. It was a game changer for me.

They have been quite aggressive in picking up some big names in US sports such as Tom Brady, Cam Newton and Stephen Curry.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Yeah UA I love their stuff. Was so impressed it was a game changer that I pulled the trigger on some shirts and pants and socks. Am now running several pairs. They make the gym come alive.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

😆

onandon
    Free Member

They weren’t a brand I really botherd with until I read good things about their pants.
    I’ve been looking for some boxers for hot weather and these were ‘rated’. Anyway, They do make a fine pair on under crackers. Not cheap but well worth the money.
    Not at all sweaty, even during my recent trip in 35c heat and high humidity.

Anyone who suffers Betty swollocks in the summer should take a look at their boxer-jocks.

CheesybeanZ

Wiggle have 30% off the boxers .

Stoner
    Free Member

30% off the boxers .

stupid idea. then my knob will show out the bottom.

CheesybeanZ

^^^ tuck it in your new socks …

Stoner
    Free Member

garters cut off blood flow.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

They also own My Fitness Pal – probably the most popular calorie

Yeah, they ruined that quite nicely.

Apart from that I still prefer Nike sports gear, compression layers etc, but the UA stuff I have tried has been fine. Would probably have it is: Nike > UA > Puma > Adidas out of the big companies.

nealglover
    Free Member

Trying to raise marketing budget on kickstarter.

Really ?

Just short of $4 Billion turnover last year, they can’t be that short of cash surely.

footflaps

My favourite gym shorts are UA, only bought them as they were on sale somewhere, but I’d buy UA again.

dragon
    Free Member

Seems to me to be very low quality compared to the retail price. Mix in a strong marketing campaign, I think that tells you everything you need to know about their strategy

That’s straight from Nikes strategy circa late 70s early 80’s. (Mind I’ve rarely been impressed by Nike kit, most seems over priced sh*te.)

If you ever take any interest in business strategies of the likes of Nike or Adidas then you’d probably never buy from them again. Adidas is the reason you have the likes of Blatter in power and Nike love a LA or Salazar 🙄

rocketman
    Free Member

Been and gone in TK Maxx

Just the usual stuff with a logo

DezB
    Free Member

Must’ve been 4/5 years ago, went to the US for work – local outlet mall had a UA shop, looked decent quality and soooo cheap (got the then wife a down type jacket for $30 (£15!)), and a few tees for myself. Great stuff, still going strong and the base layer top I bought I wear to all the rugby training sessions.

Nike > UA > Puma > Adidas – that depends entirely on which logo you prefer.

hatter

My Mrs is from Balitimore and she used to bring back UA baselayers for me when she was visting her folks, this was easily over a decade ago, I’m more of a merino man for most weathers these days but when it’s properly cold their ‘cold gear’ mid-layer is a brilliant bit of kit.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve been using their clothing for a while now mainly for running. It’s really good quality, fits properly and well priced, even better when Costco have it in.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Nike > UA > Puma > Adidas – that depends entirely on which logo you prefer.

No. It depends on what fits me best. Nike stuff fits me well. I know I can order stuff online in a set size and it will fit. UA/Puma is pretty good for most the time. Adidas, both shoes and clothing, has never fitted me right.

Some may have your outlook I guess.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Under Armour.’ is closed to new replies.