Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 3,241 through 3,280 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
    grahamt1980

The £2094 figure will have stuck in lots of minds – despite being constantly debunked.

Possibly,  but equally likely is that the “liar” tag will have stuck too

binners

As one of those 3.8 million self-employed who were abandoned by him during covid, this just absolutely boiled my piss!

Now it suits him, we’re apparently the backbone of the economy. ****!!!

pondo

Or is there anyone on here who knows someone who is planning to vote Tory?

Pretty sure I have family who may – they don’t discuss politics.

verses

I’ve a friend who was planning to vote Green, however he lives in the constituency covered by Clacton.  He’s now thinking of voting Tory as it seems the only possible way to potentially block Farage.

kormoran
    Free Member

I’ve a friend who was planning to vote Green, however he lives in the constituency covered by Clacton. He’s now thinking of voting Tory as it seems the only possible way to potentially block Farage.

My voting nightmare come true

My enemies enemy is my friend or something like that

What a time to be alive

Speeder

scotroutes
    I’m sort of tempted. This seat should be a fairly close contest between Conservative and SNP and I think the latter deserve a bloody good kick up the arse.

Because you think the tories would be better, or just a protest vote? Your enemy’s enemy is not your friend.

Poopscoop

@binners

the pompous little shit

I can almost imagine your tone saying that and I’ve never even met you. 😁

Poopscoop

pondo

My sister and brother in law are atill voting Tory I think but mate/neighbour** down the road is switching to Reform. No Brexit or immigration policy will ever be “tough” enough for him.

** His views do my head in but I wont disavow him for “reasons”.

Klunk
    Free Member

his core vote are not buying what he’s selling.

from the daily fail comments

yet the stealth tax remains with no change to the personal allowance, which if raised to twenty grand would take many people out of the income tax loop, plus giving the economy an instant cash boost with disposable income, STOP tinkering

He accuses Labour of making unfunded promises. How will he pay for it? Further cuts to public services? Even longer waiting lists? Even more potholes? Even more children living in poverty? Even more crumbling school buildings?

Too late Rishi. You already blew it. It’s all lies in any case. He has zero credibility left. I’ve always voted Conservative. Will be voting Reform this time. The Conservatives need to be taught a hard lesson. They have not listened to their core constituency for many years and now they must pay the price.

obviously could be lib/lab/ruskie/reform bots voting these up ;)

nickc

Pretty sure I have family who may – they don’t discuss politics.

I have family who I know will vote Tory – It’s mostly just tribal for some of them though.

Klunk
    Free Member

scotroutes

@Speeder – call it a protest vote, and one that I think would fairly “safe” given the seat projections across the UK. It’s more likely that I’ll just abstain though.

Poopscoop

@Klunk
    Free Member

The Times mentioned the Tory advisors are really worried about that interview. He comes across as out of touch and financially isolated from reality… Hardly a surprise.

It’ll totally grab the headlines from his manifesto tomorrow! Another bugger up. 👍😁

fenderextender
    Free Member

Possibly, but equally likely is that the “liar” tag will have stuck too

Not as much. It’s just the psychology of people who can’t or won’t fit any more in their heads. Every time the £2094 is mentioned, many people half-listening will go “that’s the figure Labour will put my tax up by” and possibly “oh, they’re denying it, but they would do that”.

It is a sort of Cummings-esque play – “I don’t give a shit about the number, just pick one that sounds bad and get it out there as often as possible”.

It is a measure of the disdain the Tories in particular hold the average voter in.

winston
    Free Member

My dad will vote Tory unless he votes reform – he’s in South Dorset so I’ve suggested he check out the independent candidate Rosie Frisby Morrell:

https://www.everyoneisgod.co.uk/

That might sway him!

EDIT: Link could potentially be NSFW

lister

That link is NOT safe for work!!!!

Edit: but it did make me chuckle!

Poopscoop

Yep, wasn’t expecting that link! Lol

hatter

That link is NOT safe for work!!!!

It is quite funny though.

Poopscoop

It is quite funny though.

Probably the party to vote for if you want a tactical w***.

(Sorry mods!)

slowoldman

Is there anyone on here still planning to vote Tory?

I know one but he’s in a staunch Labour constituency so no problem. Also one elderly gent who is very nice but I suspect Tory.

Clacton – well if I lived there I would have to hold my nose and vote Tory. I don’t see anyone else keeping Farage out.

jekkyl

How are we figuring Labour are going to fare  (fair?) in Scotland?

Are the they likely to improve on 2019’s showing? What’s the feeling.

ThePinkster

I’ve just had the chance to catch up with that Akehurst video. EFF me it’s amateurish, isn’t it.

One thought I have had about all these polling sites putting Labour in a massive lead, does anyone here know who owns or runs them? I do wonder if some of the websites giving near unbelievable leads for Labour might not be 100% legitimate, or their data being manipulated. I have no evidence to support this and would be happy to be proven wrong but there is so much deep fake, cloning and misinformation being produced by other states that I am inclined to not believe anything from a site that I have no knowledge of.

The presenting of predictions that make Labour look unbeatable could be a very simple way of deterring the politically uninterested occasional voter from placing a vote that may otherwise lead to Labour achieving those predicted seats.

Speeder

Or some kind of short in a way that’s similar to the Brexit scam.

kimbers

regards clacton, its tough to know who to vote for on the antifarage front

https://twitter.com/MarwanData/status/1800514500304801843

irc
    Free Member

“How are we figuring Labour are going to fare (fair?) in Scotland?

Are the they likely to improve on 2019’s showing? What’s the feeling”

Current polling  – Labour going from 1 seat to 32. SNP going from 48 to 16.

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/scotland.html

With FPTP there are huge numbers of Labour/SNP marginals in play.  The SNP are on a cliffedge.  A 2% switch from Labour to SNP (from current polling) could put SNP in single figures. SNP 7 Labour 41

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/scotland.html

slowoldman

I see that @Marwandata post (which is the Electoral Calculus poll) has been deleted. It shows a massive number of traditional Tory voters switching to Remain therefore putting Labour ahead of Tory. I not sure I believe it.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 14.58.07

molgrips
    Free Member

I do wonder if some of the websites giving near unbelievable leads for Labour might not be 100% legitimate

They are the same polling companies we’ve had for years or decades, some of whom do polling for all sorts of things.  YouGov for example are a PLC, have 1800 employees and £250m annual revenue.  They had a Labour lead of 194 seats a week ago.

nickc

I do wonder if some of the websites giving near unbelievable leads for Labour might not be 100% legitimate, or their data being manipulated.

The polls have been pretty steady for months now, giving Labour a  +/- 20 point lead. It’s not something that’s been conjured up in the last couple of days or weeks.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Conversley, she would exploited the photo opp for all it was worth, dropping in by parachute probably.

Hmmm, not so sure she would right now. Even for her it must register that there could be a high probability of it not opening.

ernielynch

I’ve a friend who was planning to vote Green, however he lives in the constituency covered by Clacton. He’s now thinking of voting Tory as it seems the only possible way to potentially block Farage.

That makes no sense imo. I can’t see the Tories winning Clacton now that Farage is a candidate there.

So the winner will be either Farage or Labour. I can see the possibility of Farage splitting the right-wing vote sufficiently down the middle to allow Labour to win.

Your friend in Clacton should vote Labour if he wants to stop Farage.

verses

Your friend in Clacton should vote Labour if he wants to stop Farage.

I think the polls have shifted since I spoke to him (the day it was announced), so I suspect you’re right – he’ll be relieved :-D

franksinatra

So has Sunak managed to launch his manifesto without any PR disasters today then? No rain, Titanic, D-Day veterans or boats full of Lib Dem candidates? He’ll be relieved.

solarider
    Free Member

How ironic that voting Tory could end up being the tactical vote to keep Farage out!

franksinatra

How ironic that voting Tory could end up being the tactical vote to keep Farage out!

Perhaps though it is better to let him win a seat. Its easy to whip up hate as one of the people, as an outsider, as bloke with a pint. Stick him in Parliament though and, perhaps, you are able to set him up to publicly fail. Perhaps.

ernielynch

I believe that the correct political term is holding your nose voting.

The French famously had to it in the presidential election of 2002 when Chirac was facing a far-right challenge from Le Penn. In the end Chirac received 82% of the vote.

Sadly I don’t think that in the next French presidential election the result will be that far apart.

ernielynch

Perhaps though it is better to let him win a seat. Its easy to whip up hate as one of the people, as an outsider, as bloke with a pint. Stick him in Parliament though and, perhaps, you are able to set him up to publicly fail. Perhaps.

That’s what they said about Adolf Hitler!

Speeder

Trouble is that Farage is a great speaker – I’m not so sure of his credentials as a mass debater but he’s damn good at bluster and never shutting the **** up. It something people warm to for some reason.  I can’t see him doing much constituency work or attending the commons much but you can guarantee he’ll be putting a shift in when it comes to question time.

PrinceJohn

Hasn’t Farage seen the Sunak- Robinson interview & pulled out, presumably as he knows he’d be torn to shreds. He’s not a details man.

grahamt1980

I’m not so sure of his credentials as a mass debater

Oh he is definitely a devotee of onanism

onehundredthidiot

Look at the face of the guy behind Nige he knows this is campaign gold.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,241 through 3,280 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.