Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
  • Poopscoop

scuttler
    Weird thing about Sunak blobbing from Normandy is that even more disrespectfully the Orange Shitgibbon suggested dead US combatants were losers for fighting and then dying. Yet in the heavily militaristic US voting base it apparently did him no real harm. 🤷

I’m absolutely loving this Tory implosion though.

Whilst I agree that it did amazingly (appalling really) little damage overall, I think it played a part in why he lost Arizona from memory?

I can’t stand Sunak but Trump is next level horrible.

RichPenny
    Free Member

“How long does David Cameron need to be Prime Minister for?”

Absolutely no **** time whatsoever.

chewkw
    Free Member

supporting Putins Russia, Colonel Gadaffi, Sadaam Hussain, the mad clerics in Iran and all it’s associated terrorist proxies

FTFY

Yeah I read that in the Daily Mail too. What’s wrong with chewkw FFS?

Maybe he’s been reading stuff by Peter Osborne?💡

Edit : Click on the link, it works fine.

I guess you can call that opposing the Western colonisation.

How long does David Cameron need to be Prime Minister for?

That’s a dangerous bloke who can speak without blinking when asked about Israel-Palestine conflict.  He is just towing the line of his pay master or puppet master.  I bet when he speaks his mind is fixated on the digits of his bank account increasing.

Absolutely no **** time whatsoever.

He is slowly creeping back and I bet he will be the Tories leader again after this election.  If he is back as Tories leader, Starmer will have a handful as PM which may only last for one term.  This bug eye bloke can spin and talk and is dangerous bloke to be PM when the world is edging towards a major war.  This bug eye bloke will just quicken the prospect.

Poopscoop

He (Cameron) is slowly creeping back and I bet he will be the Tories leader again after this election.

Even if it did happen, he won’t be there for long, he knows the lunatics have the keys to the asylum.

chewkw
    Free Member

Even if it did happen, he won’t be there for long, he knows the lunatics have the keys to the asylum.

Don’t underestimate a desperate political party coz they have no one currently capable of leading their party.  Even Penny Mordaunt is incapable of reviving them.  Bear in mind, he was only out as PM because of one mistake on Brexit.  He was flying high until Brexit.

theotherjonv

He is just towing the line of his pay master or puppet master.

Who’s feeding you your lines though, Mr Kettle?

AND IT’S TOEING THE LINE!!

chewkw
    Free Member

Who’s feeding you your lines though, Mr Kettle?

AND IT’S TOEING THE LINE!!

It’s my observation.  Nobody is feeding me lines.

Yes, ‘toeing’ not “towing” … aarrrghhh …

Poopscoop

Don’t underestimate a desperate political party coz they have no one currently capable of leading their party. Even Penny Mordaunt is incapable of reviving them. Bear in mind, he was only out as PM because of one mistake on Brexit. He was flying high until Brexit.

The party he once lead has gone. It’ll be a miracle if the tory party doesn’t continue it’s lurch to the right.

I’ve no idea on the current Tory party rules but if the choice goes back to card carrying members again the further lurch to the right is absolutely certain.

Time will tell.

chewkw
    Free Member

… further lurch to the right is absolutely certain.

I think they know the risk of moving further right will only alienate themselves with their already weaken position.  Further right is already occupied.  I bet they will move as close as possible to “Labour” to blur the line.

ernielynch

I think they know the risk of moving further right will only alienate themselves with their already weaken position. Further right is already occupied. I bet they will move as close as possible to “Labour” to blur the line.

The latest updated version of chewkw really does talk a lot of sense.

chewkw
    Free Member

November election for the State will be much more interesting.

You will see criminal vs “criminal” racing to the White House.

kimbers

And then he goes and blows it

igm

And referred to Brexit as a mistake. Same user name, but can’t be the same individual. Chewkw was a Brexy fanboy.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

There’s an racist dogwhistle being floated by some Sunak critics around the WW2 ceremony. For example: “it’s clear the prime minister does not grasp the hallowed place 6 June 1944 occupies in the island story of this nation…if you’re on nodding terms with the recent political past, you know that Britons take this stuff extremely seriously.” The clear implications is that Sunak isn’t a real “Briton” and doesn’t really “get” WW2 because…you know. Equally, wtf is the “island story of this nation”? Is that the version of history where we exclude everything the Brits did off Great Britain – and by implication people like Sunak?

It’s very reminiscent of Corbyn saying British “Zionists” had “no sense of English irony” despite maybe having lived in the country all their lives. Because…you know.

Sunak is awful on his own terms. There’s no excuse for using odious

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jun/07/rishi-sunaks-d-day-campaign-history

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45301548

Cameron being unable to attend PMQs as Interim PM doesn’t really matter when Parliament has been dissolved, does it? It would be a different question if the Tories were expected to form a government and Parliament was sitting.

“Nothing will change because people keep betting on the same two horses” this is true, although FPTP means there are only ever two horses

Apart from the SNP and UKIP and Reform and Plaid Cymru and all the Northern Irish parties? And apart from the PR systems in Northern Ireland and Wales and London and Scotland?

politecameraaction
    Free Member

And then he goes and blows it…

…all by saying something stupid like “I love stew”?

ernielynch

And then he goes and blows it

I don’t think he has. I think he is right – the US presidential election will be interesting.

The outcome is far from certain although it should be of course – the Republican candidate will be a convicted criminal.

However his Democrat opponent is accused, by many Democrats themselves, of supporting a criminal regime.

With the latest evidence of that being Biden’s support for sanctions against the International Criminal Court for attempting to enforce international law.

So his success is far from certain:

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4707780-707780-biden-israel-support-lose-2024-election/

chewkw
    Free Member

And referred to Brexit as a mistake. Same user name, but can’t be the same individual. Chewkw was a Brexy fanboy.

Still is, but just rather disappointed with the British political leadership after that.  I thought the British govt could do things better than their EU counterparts but it seems like British govt is stuck in 2nd gear ever since.

But if UK rejoin EU will that make any difference?  I doubt it.  Probably still stuck in 2nd gear but perhaps needing a push this time.

kimbers

There’s an racist dogwhistle being floated by some Sunak critics around the WW2 ceremony. For example

The Times article implied it was a different kind of xenophobia: because the French were organising it they didn’t think it was worth sticking around for, absolute madness, but there you go!

What’s nuts is that (assuming Sunak can’t find a way to back out) they’ll try another relaunch next week with ever mote batshit policies

Russell96

Follow the money, I wouldn’t be surprised if him or Infosys or both come out quids in from a Tory collapse.

Poopscoop

I have no sympathy at all here but it must be a pretty grim work environment within CCHQ and no.10 itself these days. Almost “The Fall” like without actual carnage of course.

Any real suffering has not been applied to the Tory party obviously, that’s been picked up by the populous.

I don’t think I’ll ever forget the carnage these individuals have caused in this country. Knocking Sunak will walk away from this with absolutely no repercussions particularly annoys me.

It’s daft to think that the pain will end with a change of government too, as pro Labour as I am, it’s going to be, what, a decade before things stabilise of that ever do?

Hell, 5 years from now we could have another Tory government headed by Farage.

Jezus…

binners

The Times article implied it was a different kind of xenophobia: because the French were organising it they didn’t think it was worth sticking around for, absolute madness, but there you go!

Indeed. It seems to be Sunaks well-known anti-EU sentiment that drove his decision not to attend the  ‘French’ ceremony

It’s also worth noting that absolutely nobody had suggested missing it. The decision was 100% down to him. It was totally his call. There were no other pre-arranged calls either. The ITV interview hadn’t even been set up at the point where he said he wasn’t attending. He offered that date and time to ITV as as far as he was concerned that was a gap in his diary with nothing in particular on.

In the same way a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, Farage was right when he said that Sunak just simply couldn’t be bothered to attend the ceremony. Unfortunately for the Tories, that’s just the sad truth of the matter

mattyfez

It should be pretty easy….make the correct noises about re-building ‘bridges’ with the EU, job jobbed.

What (or who?) are the stoppers?

…rhetorical question, no need to answer…

nickc

I bet they will move as close as possible to “Labour” to blur the line.

But that position is already occupied as well, why vote for a centre left Tory when you can have the real thing?  It’s clear that the July date for the election was chosen to destabilise Reform, who the Tories see as their main competitor, some on the Tory right want to invite Frarage to be a Tory MP when [not if, they think] he becomes MP in Clacton.

theotherjonv

Almost “The Fall” like without actual carnage of course.

If it’s Rishi and your granny as Chancellor then it’s still the tories?

Could end up like that on current seat prediction trend…..

zomg

On a road ride around South Cambridgeshire yesterday I saw no Conservative election stuff. Nothing. I can’t remember that from any previous general election.

fenderextender
    Free Member

On a road ride around South Cambridgeshire yesterday I saw no Conservative election stuff. Nothing. I can’t remember that from any previous general election.

Our village Tory fanboi usually has Vote Conservative billboards up on the edge of his private woodland by the road. Nothing this time. I was going to get busy with some water bombs, poster paint and a late night walk if he did. This time, nothing. Not a peep. Good.

Sunak is doubling down on the £2k tax thing too. As well as the D-Day being ‘too French’ angle. My god, he really is cocooned in a golden cage. He has no idea what normal people think. He can’t even get the politics right within his own party.

If his advisers are trying to lose the election to be rid of him, they couldn’t have an easier task.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

They’re not deliberately trying to lose, they’re just 24 and immensely arrogant

hatter

The clear implications is that Sunak isn’t a real “Briton” and doesn’t really “get” WW2

Which not only shows a those pushing this line for the racists they are, but as historical ignoramuses.

There were hundreds of thousands of Indians under arms for the British during both World Wars.

Just because these lunkheads think it all happened within a few hours of the white cliffs of Dover.

Operation U-go? The Chindits? Nope utter ignorance.

Sadly I suspect the Farage-curious side of the electorate will lap it up for all the above reasons.

Klunk
    Free Member

I think that what grates most of all, when he apologized using “I went to the British….” for **** sake it was an Allied Operation you **** halfwit! And then not to go to Omaha beach event was so disrespectful, All those young US soldiers who died it was even their fight!

igm

I suspect that the polls and seat projections are now so Labour biased that there will be difficulty getting the potential Labour voter into the polling booth.  They will see it as a foregone conclusion.
    As a result the Tories and Farage types will sadly do rather better than expected.
    If the Tory types are too despondent to vote Farage might have a surprisingly good night.

Make sure everyone votes people.

Edukator
    Free Member

The latest version of Ernie too. ;)

kelvin

Make sure everyone votes people.

Edukator
    Free Member

I voted an hour ago, European elections

poly
    Free Member

He is slowly creeping back and I bet he will be the Tories leader again after this election.

he can’t.  They’d need to change the party rules – or take the massive gambles of dropping the Lords, finding an MP in a safe seat to sacrifice it for him, winning that seat, then actually winning the election battle…. I think there’s more chance of him forming a breakaway of “one nation conservatives” to leave the right wing to fight amongst themselves – and that’s a very small chance.

the next leader will be one of Mordaunt, Baddenoch, Braverman,  Hunt, Patel or Shapps.  I’ve not even checked who is still standing and of course they have the small hurdle of getting reelected.  Remember the MPs first have to select their candidate(s) before the membership gets a choice.  The number and variety of MPs will be very different – and with different priorities from the current mob.

theotherjonv

from humiliation to annihilation, what could a post election tory party look like? A few different scenarios but a split is definitely not beyond the realms according to some commentators, and if that happens could be asking who are the next leaders – one a far right, alliance or merger with Reform and another trying to regain the centre right party of middle class business owning Britain.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jun/08/from-humiliation-to-annihilation-could-this-election-mean-the-end-of-the-tory-party-as-we-know-it

kelvin

Comfortable well off retirement from politics is all that’s on the cards for Cameron. He’ll be building up a reputation as a reliable voice once we’re far enough away from the shit of the last decade. People have short memories, and he has the right accent.

binners

Which not only shows a those pushing this line for the racists they are, but as historical ignoramuses.

There were hundreds of thousands of Indians under arms for the British during both World Wars.

Indeed. Which means that Sunaks decision to scarper ASAP once the ‘British’ dead had been honoured means that he’s managed to insult a very broad range of countries, nationalities and communities.

Whichever way you look at it, it’s a mind-bogglingly stupid decision and the more you analyse it the worse it gets.

The decision to then issue a typically terse and tetchy, sorry/not sorry non-apology, then go to ground and hide from any media scrutiny is just compounding things further. Does he honestly think this will just ‘blow over’?

He really is appallingly bad at making political choices

binners

From humiliation to annihilation: could this election mean the end of the Tory party as we know it?

It died in June 2016 and was finished off by Johnson with his purge of Brexit non-believers. The question for the Tories isn’t about how many seats they retain, but who occupies those remaining seats. It’s going to be the old school ERG headbangers.

Any ‘moderates’ are already long gone. The less extreme (everythings relative, obviously) of the Brexit extremists will be next.

This will leave a hardcore of absolute loons! The proper ‘hang’em and flog’em’ nutters! Led by Badanoch or Braverman, who they’ll elect in a heartbeat once Rishi gets to California.

So the question then isn’t whether they will become as far right as Reform – that’s a given – but whether they’ll compete to out-do them by going even further right?

BillMC

Johnson referred to Keir ‘Schnorrer’ (a yiddish term for scrounger or beggar) obviously alluding to his declared zionism, Jewish wife, Israeli social media man, LFI appointees etc. Surprised this hasn’t been picked up much in the press but then again he’s a Tory. Can you imagine if Corbyn etc etc etc.

binners

I think it’s quite funny that Johnson, like a small child desperate for attention, wrote that article to be deliberately provocative and stir things up but it’s been collectively ignored by pretty much everyone.

Thats really going to hurt the old narcissist. The horrible realisation that he’s completely irrelevant and in this election campaign nobody cares what he has to say

Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.