Home Forums Chat Forum UK Election!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 8,917 total)
  • UK Election!
  • kelvin

You missed out “popped into the pub”.

As a performance artist… his output is consistent at least… and for “some reason” the media go along with it. More paparazzi photos of him leaving elite private members’ clubs, please.

Klunk
    Free Member

the Orange One “Why have you forsaken me ?” :(

the reality is not standing and not being leader, even though he made it onto qt, he was going to get sidelined in the run in.

ernielynch

He genuinely doesn’t sound the full ticket, he sounds a bit manic in the question and answers, I keep expecting him to break into hysterical laughter.

binners

He’s just repeating his lines from the referendum campaign… you’d hope the voters have moved on since then… I wouldn’t bet on it though… not in every seat.

Sit back and enjoy the schadenfreude. It’s delicious

The Tory party Brexiteers, of which Rishi was an enthusiastic member, used Farage, Banks, Tice and the rest of that mob as outriders, because it allowed them to bend the rules during the referendum. Actually… not so much bend them as tear them up completely.

Boris and Gove couldn’t stand in front of a massive poster saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH over a picture of a load of Muslim men. Farage could though as he wasn’t a member of the official leave campaign. Then of course Nige obligingly stood down his troops on 2019 enabling a huge Tory majority

Now all that divisive and hate-filled bile, that the Tory Brexiteers unleashed,  is coming back to bite them on the arse big time!

So ****’em!

I’m absolutely loving it! 😃

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ha! Farage standing…hmm will that up reform votesand will it take votes from tories or Labour, or both?

mattyfez

It’s real…Farage standing as Reform UK candidate for Clacton and becomes party leader

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-nigel-farage-reform-labour-tories-latest-b2555816.html

dissonance

The “man of the people” act still going then?

He never said what sort of fishing.

Question is for the US does it mean:

a)he is having doubts about the republicans campaign under Trump and hence his ability to go over their and grift.

or

b)someone pointed out he could take the same approach to being an mp as an mep. Take the money and then abandon his constituents to go and grift in the US.

kelvin

He fancies his chances of actually winning the seat… which would help, not hinder, the work he wants to do in the USA later in the year.

grahamt1980

Anyone know what the current poll predictor is for Clacton?

Interested to know how far behind he is currently

kelvin

I think YouGov are doing a poll ready for the evening news.

zomg

Farage looks like he’ll start chewing his own face off if there’s a pause in the press conference, doesn’t he?

binners

He fancies his chances of actually winning the seat… which would help, not hinder, the work he wants to do in the USA later in the year

I’d imagine his commitment to the constituents of Clacton is about as deep and heartfelt as George Galloways is to the good people of Rochdale

martinhutch

As if Nigel would spend a second in Clacton post-election if he won.

And what about this poor gammon getting turfed out to make way?

https://www.reformparty.uk/clacton-constituency

zomg

He won’t do anything for the people of Clayton: he’ll use his position to scapegoat others and present himself as a PM-in-waiting for 2029 with some nebulous platform based on conspiracy theories and promises of more “direct democracy” much like MAGA does.

dissonance

As if Nigel would spend a second in Clacton post-election if he won.

At best he seems to have been offering to spend Fridays there. Which having been to Clacton is remarkably generous.

And what about this poor gammon getting turfed out to make way?

I was curious about that. At least one recent report about his social media history suggests that their vetting might not have been all it could have been and so he might have been on the way out anyway.

martinhutch

Actually, this is just so he can take part in the leader debates, isn’t it?

binners

At least one recent report about his social media history suggests that their vetting might not have been all it could have been

I’m just wondering where the bar is set for what kind of social media a activity would get you kicked out of Reform?

nickc

Yep, I came to same conclusion @martinhutch

Klunk
    Free Member
    ernielynch

Farage is, unsurprisingly, very selective about his reading of opinion polls. He says that it is now absolutely certain that Labour will win the general election, presumably based on the polls.

But he also says that Reform UK will take substantial votes from Labour despite all the poll evidence suggesting the opposite.

Over the last year support for Labour has remained remarkably stable, during that time support for Reform UK has almost trebled and support for the Tories has nosedived.

I think it is obvious where support for Reform UK is coming from.

From his little speech this afternoon I get the impression that typical for a demagogue he has an overinflated belief in his own popularity.

Obviously he is going to talk up his alleged appeal but I think much of it he probably genuinely believes. That must have played a part in his decision to stand 7 times for parliament despite never winning, how many other politicians have a similar record?

kelvin

Martin has nailed it.

kimbers

Tories apparently now terrfied of a total wipeout

Amazing really, I know Im not farages target demographic but its not just that he repulses me in every single way, but will this really take many more votes from the Tories are there that much more for them to lose?

Theres not much left in the dont knows to squeeze, so it would have to be straight tory to reform flips…

binners

Actually, this is just so he can take part in the leader debates, isn’t it?

Watching Farage get stuck into the Lil Fella is going to be comedy gold though 😂

politecameraaction
    Free Member

This idea that Farage has a lucrative career in the US – is anyone saying that apart from Farage? Trump ensures that the money flows to him directly whenever possible, and there’s a thousand Americans who are louder, prettier, with more media access and even some popular support who are ahead of Farage in the Grift Queue.

I thought Sunak was vegetarian, and “hardly ate at all” ?!?

Because this is the only thing he’s said I’m interested in, I researched this. There was an interview last year in which he said he likes a full cooked breakfast Inc pancakes and crispy bacon on a Sunday.

He presumably doesn’t do that when his mother in law is around. She’s a member of the Indian legislature where the question of whether you eat meat or not, and whether you would eat beef or pork in particular, are markers in the religious culture wars: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-66336500

PS I don’t believe for a second that Sunak actually eats crispy bacon. Like the rest of the “love the kids, love the wife, love the Nandos” rubbish, it’s just a dogwhistle about what kind of person he is…and isn’t.

edhornby

He chose Clacton because it’s where Douglas Carswell was ukip MP but only because he was the Tory MP for years before detecting. I hope LibDems step aside as they have no chance

Caher

I suspect Farage will also get stuck into Starmer too as a suspected re joiner.

tjagain

Ernie –

farage did make a public offer.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/nigel-farage-rishi-sunak-prime-minister-reform-uk-conservative-party-b2553451.html

Not overt but its clear what he is meaning

andylc
    Free Member

Can Nigel Farage ever tell the truth? Honestly if you listed the ‘100 top bellends in the world’ I think 90% of them would be politicians.
    Which reminds me of the best ever Nigel Farage video…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Clearly, this feels like it’ll be worse for the Tories than Labour. It also feels like an extra bit of poison has been injected into the campaign. That’ll be fun. ☹️

martinhutch

ernielynch

Ernie –

farage did make a public offer.

Your link doesn’t say what you seem to think it says. From your link:

The Reform UK honorary president said: “I got rid of Mrs May with the Brexit Party. I stood aside with Boris to help a massive majority. What are they going to do back for me?”

No, I’m not asking for anything other than: I’ve done them some huge favours over the years as a party, give me something back. We might have a conversation

For Nigel Farage to say to the Tories “I have done you some huge favours, it’s time for you to do me some favours back, let’s have a little chat”, is not the same as saying “I want to do another huge favour like I did for you in 2019”.

tjagain

Its clear what he is offering – to stand down in return for something.  Clear as daylight

ernielynch

It’s clear that he is claiming that they owe him favours. That is clear as daylight.

Edit: So anyway that fooled you into believing that Reform UK wouldn’t stand in Tory seats under Labour threat? Seriously?

binners

Its clear what he is offering – to stand down in return for something.  Clear as daylight

You’ve been saying that for the last 12 months. He did that last time and got bent over by Boris. He won’t be doing it again, that’s for sure.

Imagine receiving promises from Johnson that he then immediately reneged on? Who’d have thunk it?

I firmly believe that most of his motivation is spite and revenge for getting mugged off by them 5 years ago. He’s as thin-skinned and vindictive as they come

Fancy the usual pastry-based wager Uncle Jezza? I’ll have you twenty quid worth of steak bakes that Farage and Reform fully contest this election and don’t stand anyone down? 😃

Kryton57

….for something

Leader of the Tory right/Party.

slowoldman

24 Tory seats?
    Rees-Mogg could really lie across the benches then.

If they only have 24 seats Rees-Mogg will be long gone.

43 in the FT one & 3rd party behind lib dems

Eh? 135 as of today.  FT Poll 

Also FT poll today

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 17.42.58

If Farage increases the Reform vote I think we all know where most will come from. I can’t see him winning but he might guarantee the Tories don’t.

mrchrispy

the slippery c-nut is sniffing around sunaks honours list isn’t he.
    the little fella is so pathetic he just might put him on it

tjagain

No I long thought that Ernie / Binners.  Thats just confirming the deal is there if Sunhak takes it

Looking less likely tho now I agree.

nickjb
    Free Member

These folk with a Labour/Gaza issue, who else are they actually going to vote for?

Genuine question.

Depends what your issues with Labour are. You vote for the person not the party and there are a number of left wing Labour candidates around. Also lots in support of Gaza. If you have one then you are in a great position as they will have some influence on the party likely to be in power.

argee

Farage has always wanted to be at the top echelons of the tory party, he’s been rejected for years, but he thinks with the lunatic right that the tories have now, he has a chance of doing damage, and probably then amalgamating the parties to get his wish, it’ll all be in his head though, the guy is just a pure chancer who just wants to be in some sort of power, it’s a bit like Johnson, but with less scruples, which is hard to believe was possible 🤣

It’ll be a fun election, you’re already seeing a lot of the moderate tories moving away because of what’s happening, what they put up for those gaps will be against proper right wingers if reform are competing, all i hope for is a labour majority and the lib dems to get in my local seat, we do have a lot of old folk in our area though who have voted the tories in for years, even though it gets worse every time!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 8,917 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.