Viewing 22 posts - 601 through 622 (of 622 total)
  • UBYK jumping through hoops
  • zeus14221
    Free Member

You can look at it 2 ways Iam either a Troll or somebody that knows what is going on lol
    Try and order from one of his websites oh wait the Ubyk side is no longer working.

tomhoward

I thought the new guy had just bought the website/platform? What does he owe the old employees?

When was he due to pay for the website? I would have thought that would be an upfront payment (of not a lot) given the state the original business appeared to be in?

transition1
    Free Member

I expect them to be on a Pro Forma bases with distributors, After UBYK’s track record keeping the same website you would be treated as a new business. And yes I have worked for distributors & have trade accounts myself

duckman

zeus14221

Or we can look at the fact that you joined and have only ever posted on this thread, so are refusing to reveal sources because you made it up?

Trimix
    Free Member

This does seem fishy !

I got the impression the new bloke is trying to run a genuine business. He may have bought a website with an unfortunate reputation, but thats his choice.

If someone wants to alert potential users to an issue, they need to provide evidence, otherwise its just trolling / spite / stirring.

iamanobody
    Free Member

Trimix
    Well said

zeus14221
    Free Member

My last very long post has been deleted lol

bigyan
    Free Member

otherwise its just trolling / spite / stirring

Is that not 90% of this forum?

zeus14221
    Free Member

Lol both his websites are gone and both Facebook pages have gone.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nope, website is still there
    https://www.peakbikes.co.uk/cycle-stores
    and the Ubyk site says undergoing maintenance.

earl_brutus
    Free Member

Peakbikes and Ubyk websites have now both vanished. Hopefully that’s the end of the saga and no one else will be shafted by this unscrupulous business.

russyh
    Free Member

And all of their social media…well Facebook pages anyway.  Still a life instagram account but not been posted on since August.  Looks like Peak bikes has done a UBYK, if in fact they ever really were so far apart?? Hope no one has been done this time around

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ll pop into town tomorrow and see what the shops doing.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The shop is now an estate agents.

simondbarnes

The shop is now an estate agents.

Which one?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wonder if the Peak Bike shop is still there.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Dales and Peaks Estate Agents.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Oh, assumed you meant the old UBYK shop had gone.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

They went ages ago I think. They were certainly up for sale just after Xmas.

iamanobody
    Free Member

Rockhopper – Dale’s and peaks owned by the same family

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Interesting!

iamanobody
    Free Member

Not really
    You have a unit that you need to fill, business a needs more work at the minute and is put on the back burner, business b uses the high street space. I think the conjecture and witch hunt on here is all a bit much tbh

Viewing 22 posts - 601 through 622 (of 622 total)

The topic ‘UBYK jumping through hoops’ is closed to new replies.