Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 622 total)
  • UBYK jumping through hoops
  • scaredypants

I’ve no axe to grind either way here, though I admit that doesn’t even necessarily make me objective on the subject.

If Stu and people like him have their money back but other creditors (suppliers or customers) haven’t then, if he’s a decent individual, the new owner should surely be trying to sort out any of that shit first if he can. (If Stu hasn’t got his money back, keep on chasing mate – that’s fair game).

I guess after that he may start approaching suppliers like Hope and asking whether they can help him to honour the (I didn’t see them but possibly ludicrously cheap) offers that Ubyk made to customers, presumably by them giving away a bit/lot of margin on the deal even if Peak matches that “contribution”.

Then again, if I was Hope (and tens of thousands down in the game) I don’t think answering that request would be top of my to do list and it may be that the new guy really has approached them and heard nothing back. Bit daft of him to say anything that could be interpreted as “I’ll get you that deal again, just wait a week or so” but then I did’t hear the conversation so I can’t judge

mikewsmith
    Free Member

TBH if people have their money back walk away, no need to continue the internal stress there. No real chance of getting your stuff.
    If you don’t have your cash back head to the courts at this stage but be ready to write if off.

For the new owners don’t make promises you can’t keep, ditch the name, ditch the history and make a fresh start.

edd

Finally got my £234.99 back from my credit card. Happy days. 🙂

Macgyver

I went past the Oxford shop yesterday and the store has been stripped back to the walls, the landlord has a notice saying they’ve taken the store back as of 15 Feb but somewhat worryingly the skip outside had folder after folder of sales and accounts records in it going back several years. Landlord clearout perhaps?!

simondbarnes

What about the Brighton shop?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

This whole thing stinks I’m afraid.

BoardinBob

Website appears to have gone down again too.

Thankfully I managed to log into it a couple of weeks ago and grab a copy of my receipt for my Hightower I bought from them a while ago.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Its working for me at the moment.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Their Facebook page says they are opening a Chesterfield store – lots of questions about the Oxford store that are going unanswered – apparently its got a For Sale sign on it.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Yep the whole affair stank …and still does!

russyh
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be touching them as an outfit I’m afraid! It’s not like there aren’t other more reliable sellers out there.

Macgyver

Yes, Oxford store has a for let board nailed to it.

davosaurusrex

Brighton shop was completely stripped when I passed by Sunday before last

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Seem to remember Peak Bikes is based in Chesterfield- they had a low-rent single page website offering gold, silver, bronze bike servicing and nothing else before they started including pics lifted from the original ubyk site.

Guess they’re going to run the web business from their original store and leave Oxford and Brighton closed (are they still claiming to have stores in Oxford and Brighton on their website?). Makes sense if you’re treating the store as a showroom rather than a conventional LBS which was ubyk’s original approach, doubt Oxford or Brighton rents are cheap.

simondbarnes

(are they still claiming to have stores in Oxford and Brighton on their website?)

Yep

Our Stores – Oxford & Brighton
    Oxford and Brighton Ubyk stock an extensive range of high-end bikes such as Cannondale, Scott, De Rosa, Parlee, Look, Storck, Colnago, Cipollini, Cinelli, Scapin, Argon 18, Orro, Charge, Yeti, Orange, Santa Cruz, Ibis, Mondraker, Ghost, Nukeproof, NS, Lynskey, Singular and Hummingbird. We also stock a great range of components and helmets.

We take pride in our customer service and believe that our tailored advice to you as an individual will give you a bike that will meet your exact requirements.

Our website and stores offer very competitive prices with FREE national delivery and if you need it, international delivery, with a service level you will find hard to beat.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I reckon a Sick! collaboration is on the cards.

Arn’t those clowns based in Brighton too?

Painey
    Free Member

I live just outside Brighton and I gather Sick! are local. I wouldn’t be going near either. Keeping the UBYK name seems crazy.

zeus14221
    Free Member

The owner of Peak bikes clearly has no intention of opening the Brighton store his pockets are definitely not deap enough.
    Anyone that uses the finance on the Ubyk website be very careful as he is operating the same way as the old owners by collecting finance before goods are in stock.
    Buyers beware!!!!!

FB-ATB

Thought this was a follow on from the bunny hop coaching thread. Is disappointed.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

got this from an email a few days ago

We have some exciting news…..
    Our Chesterfield service centre is open!
    http://www.ubyk.co.uk

We’re excited to announce that our Chesterfield service centre and store is now up and running. To celebrate the opening, we’re offering a FREE health check on your bike. Just call by and we’ll get the kettle on

Find us
    Our Chesterfield store is located at the following address with ample parking

Unit 2 Old Brick Works Lane Chesterfield S41 7JD
    Call us – 01246 566 555

nparker

Ordered a set of cranks through the UBYK website mid March and 10 days later hadn’t heard anything or received anything. Found this thread and realised they weren’t likely to turn up anytime soon so sent them an email asking them to cancel. At this point nothing had been charged to my credit card. 30 minutes later Pete from Peak Bikes got back to me and advised they would cancel the transaction, no questions asked. Checked my credit card end of month and was surprised to find the transaction showing up 4 days after the cancellation. Dropped Pete an email questioning this and got a response 10 minutes later (at 8.30pm on a Sunday night) saying that he would check with Sagepay. Refund duly appeared a couple of days later.

Clearly they are having some teething issues but personally speaking I can’t fault Pete at responding to emails and putting things right when things go wrong.

dirkpitt74

Ordered a couple of bits off Ubyk just over a week ago.
    Not had anything turn up yet and they have charged my card.
    Logged in to my order and it’s down as “to be deleted”.

granny_ring

Sounds like more of the same then.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hope you subscribers are getting your Singletrack PremierClub discounts from UBYK:
    https://singletrackworld.com/premierclub/

dirkpitt74

@eddiebaby funnily enough I did use the discount – thinking that might be the reason for the order deletion.

zeus14221
    Free Member

Yep it’s definitely more of the same, I know he is already not paying people that have done work for him.
    He has lost a certain HUGE brand so the Brighton store will never open and the Oxford store has been shut down for good.

dirkpitt74

Have emailed customer services but it now looks like it’s a ‘zendesk’ setup – won’t hold my breath for a reply anytime soon….

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The Peakbikes web site is saying that they are operating the Brighton and Oxford stores under the Ubyk brand – a quick Google tells me that both shops are empty and up for sale or to let.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

A chance for more investigative journalism…

cokie

I imagine he’s inherited a lot more issues that he realized, so it’s probably taking time to sort out or it’s proved too much.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A chance for more investigative journalism…

zeus14221
    Free Member

Lol its a one man band he’s not even a certified mechanic.

singlespeedstu

Are people really ordering stuff from them after what happened?
    Most odd.

zeus14221
    Free Member

Only if you use a credit card so your payment will be protected.
    To be honest what’s the point of taking the risk he is working the same way the old owners did,even with Ubyks shit trust pilot, Google and Facebook reviews people still order from them.

earl_brutus

What a shambles.

dirkpitt74

Still no contact from UBYK/PeakBikes or whatever they are this week.
    How do I go about getting a refund from my card provider?

Trimix
    Free Member

Probably by calling your credit card company. Wild guess 🙂

zeus14221
    Free Member

I would also spam the shit out of all Ubyk and Peak bikes social media!!!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Peak Bikes are having their open day this coming saturday.

Poopscoop

Guessing the new owner hasn’t posted on this thread again?…..

They won’t be getting a penny of my money that’s for sure.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 622 total)

The topic ‘UBYK jumping through hoops’ is closed to new replies.