Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • U S E Sumo Seatposts
  • zippykona

Is this clamp the work of the devil or have the boffins at USE finally come up with something that won’t have people smashing the factory windows or letting down their tyres?

BadlyWiredDog

No. They’re awful. The clamping system needs carbon grease smeared over it or it slips even at the correct torque. The cone bits split and the head debonds and spins in the body of the post. Apart from that they’re ace 😕

Nice people though.

Garry_Lager

Yeah, it’s garbage. Good attempt at a new design but it doesn’t work. Maybe if you’re 9 stone it would be ok.

Aidan
    Free Member

Really? I’ve got a brand new one and the clamp was a faff to get the saddle into, but rock solid once it was. So much so that I had a job tweaking the saddle angle.

500 miles in and it hasn’t moved one iota.

sheck

I liked my 1st one enough to buy a 2nd one. I haven’t had any problems with either of them?

Steelfreak
    Free Member

I’ve had a Sumo clamp on a USE post for years. I seem to remember it was slightly tricky to set up, but it’s been fine since.

faz083
    Free Member

I’ve a sumo and they’re decently made, quality products. And I like the thought that if something does go wrong, I’ll just ring Petworth and talk to someone from England straight away.

They look lovely too.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

mine was a git to set up and was fine til while racing at thetford during the winter series 2010/2011 the thread went and my saddle got stuck with the nose upright i had to drill it and helicoil the thread as the alu clamps thread had stripped almost completely clean 😯 my other one was fine but got rid of both after it went

faz083
    Free Member

^As I recall you can purchase a new clamp kit at a not unreasonable cost

PJay
    Free Member

My experience was dreadful. I bought a nice titanium USE post. I tightened it up enough to stop the saddle tipping and found that the cups had wedge themselves imovably to the head; it went back.

I had no response what so ever from USE, but fortunately CRC took it back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘U S E Sumo Seatposts’ is closed to new replies.