Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tyre recommendation for home use!
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

Well!
    I finished building my new bike at the weekend and ever since it’s been snowing and the temperature has been bloody freezing and I don’t fancy breaking any bones again for a while. As a very sad person, I have been riding my new bike around the house causing arguments with the wife or at least there will be when she sees all the tyre prints in the new carpets.
    My question is, can anybody recommend a tyre for carpet duty until I can get out on my bike? 😆
    Also, a point to take note, slippers and spd’s do not work in harmony, they kill your feet! 😉
    Sorry Guys and Girls, one frustrated cyclist!

MarkN
    Free Member

The choice of tyre is dependant on many factors, how deep is the shag pile, what about the wool/nylon mix. How much riding will be done on Axminster, fake wood, vinyl or shag pile. Until this has been disclosed you can not expect to get a valid answer. 😀

tk46hal
    Free Member

I’m told by a very good source that the latest carpet purchased is a 80/20 mix and a short pile. Another factor to take into account is that the colour of the carpets are all beige/cream so to skid may cause black streaks so even a white tyre could be considered.

AlasdairMc

Just MTFU and ride. 😀

tk46hal
    Free Member

I’ve just had a 10 minute ride down stairs after tinkering about with the rear brake and noticed crop circles appearing in the pile. I better stop and get the kids to bed! 😕

maxtorque

Wow, how LONG are your stairs!!!! 😉

fivespot
    Free Member

Try Rubber Queens or Dirty Dans, great rubber for indoors 😀

tk46hal
    Free Member

Maxtorque!

You can hit 49mph before getting to the bottom but those skid marks! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tyre recommendation for home use!’ is closed to new replies.