Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Tweed Love UKGE and EWS roll call
  • kimbers

anyone else doing both events?

I am crapping my pants

BoardinBob

Just the EWS. Hearing some scary rumours about the stages. One over in Caberston has an average downhill grade of 40% 😯

kimbers

somehow me and my mates have signed up for the EWS1 as well

oh dear

BoardinBob

Just 2nd class for me! Didn’t fancy the tight transition times. Heading down on the Wednesday for practice and staying through until the Monday. Really looking forward to it. It’ll be an awesome experience racing alongside the best in the world. My only aim is to finish.

bigjim

I’m going to spectate at the EWS, though more to see the pros than you lot I’m afraid!

Racing the GT7 so won’t be at the inners enduro, still not managed to do one there yet :/

tang
    Free Member

Hope to be there with Hutchinson UR team, cheering my old mate Jamie Nicoll on.

xlaire
    Free Member

I’m racing both the GE and the EWS. Actually, ‘participating’ might be a more accurate word.

There’s a fair few of us heading over from Ireland.

Can’t wait. Also, oh god!

Got an Irish enduro this coming weekend too, so it’s going to be three weekends in a row of racing. I’m going to be in a heap come June 2nd.

Hope everyone has their after party tix booked!

legend
    Free Member

Think I’ve got an idea of which trail is being used on Caberston, it’s a good one (in saying that, they’re all good) and if I’m correct the steepest will be just after you’ve used up your legs and lungs on a horrid climb 🙂
    Think I may also have spotted a stage at Glentress, came across one that looks strangely worked on these days…. and it’s not a quick jaunt to get there

Also, 8 or 9 stages over two days – after 3 days of practise. Hope you’re feeling fit 🙂

P.S. Just the August race for me

Northwind

I’m signed up for the EWS, doing the GT7 instead of UKGE though. Kind of not entirely looking forward to it, if you know what I mean? It’s ended up being a much bigger thing than I expected, wasn’t planning on multiple days etc.

legend – Member

Think I may also have spotted a stage at Glentress, came across one that looks strangely worked on these days…. and it’s not a quick jaunt to get there

There is EWS digging happening at Glentress but some of the bits we’ve been doing weren’t confirmed for use- there’s also been a bit of using-EWS-as-an-excuse-to-do-things I think 😉 It’s the magic sledgehammer that can get anything authorised.

I want to just run down a random hillside and leave a strava segment EWS STAGE 3 or similiar, see what happens. Maybe at Yair or Toll Wood or somewhere just for added lolz.

bigjim

I want to just run down a random hillside and leave a strava segment EWS STAGE 3 or similiar, see what happens. Maybe at Yair or Toll Wood or somewhere just for added lolz.

This is a fantastic idea!

legend
    Free Member

Definitely has to be done, don’t be afraid to make it an uphill scree stage either.

What I spotted was quite an unusual place to build, and is very light for traffic in general. Obviously might have naff all to do with it, but it’d be a cracking stage to ride down – although I’d be concerned for the health of the last section after a few hundred riders

oldejeans
    Free Member

Only the UKGE. My first race. I feel I may have been a little foolish.

Big-M
    Free Member

Only doing the EWS E2 cat, very excited in a ‘help I’m way out of my depth here’ way.
    Only aim is to get round the 2 days in one piece, be in the same event as the pros and try and enjoy it.

Certainly not fit enough, haven’t had enough practice and may just be a wee bit worried.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

UKGE and EWS E1 cat for me. Can’t wait! A week and a half of riding bikes. 🙂

thatpeskylimey
    Free Member

EWS E2 for me.
    From the flatlands of Norfolk.
    First Enduro race.
    Can’t wait 🙂

Northwind

Just got myself downgraded to E2 (thanks Dawn!), I’d have been pushing my luck in E1 even uninjured but still very bummed out 🙁

thv3
    Free Member

Had to drop out of the EWS due to breaking my ribs, so will be spectating only 😥

Did notice the guys up marking out the UKGE stuff on Wednesday night, think the forecast for Sunday is Heavy rain though.

andyrm
    Free Member

EWS E1 here too. It’ll be a big couple of days for sure – 87km over 2 days!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Tweed Love UKGE and EWS roll call’ is closed to new replies.