Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • TV Gurus – This any good?
  • nathb
    Free Member

Our TV has just stopped working and I know nothing about them. I just want something that’ll look good with my N64 8)

We want something that’s future proof and 40″+.

Is this any good?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Only way to be future proof is to go old school and keep the smart part swappable as many do on here.
    (I don’t now but have smart connections separate too)

nathb
    Free Member

Looks like it’s too big for our existing stand now, which only has a depth of 26cm

I think I’m going to order this instead at £360: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5288906

jamj1974

I would always suggest Richer Sounds or John Lewis for TV’s. Also, the N64 will look pretty bad on most modern TV’s…. Certainly ours and all our retro consoles do. You will also need to ensure there is a Scart or RCA input.

kelron
    Free Member

Old consoles look fine as long as you set the scaling options right.

nathb
    Free Member

Well we’ve got the Phillips coming later from Argos.

2 year warranty, ambilight and the stands depth won me over.

Cheers guys!

jamj1974

kelron – Member
    Old consoles look fine as long as you set the scaling options right.

I can’t say that’s my experience, but fair play if you have it as you like it. 🙂

I recently reaquired a CRT and it is a lot better – even with the adjustments I have made when using an LED backlit unit.

nathb
    Free Member

I’ve got a modified cable for my n64 – allowing it to be used via S-Video. This makes it so much better.

Alas this new tv doesn’t have S-Video but I may swap my N64+everdrive for a modern Xbox one 😆

jamj1974

I’ve found using a good emulator and connecting my laptop to the TV using HDMI works really quite well too!

Enjoy your retro gaming nathb

nathb
    Free Member

Cheers! Not that I get a chance to play on the n64 for agessss.

The Philips turned up today, rather impressed with it. Love the ambilight feature and amazon prime is very smooth on it.

jamj1974

Excellent!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘TV Gurus – This any good?’ is closed to new replies.