Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • TV Audio question
  • Mounty_73

We have a TV with rubbish speakser, so we have hooked up the Sky+ box to our Amp.

But now the audio/voice is out of sync with the programs that we watch. Is there anything under the sound settings on either the TV or the Sky box that will fix this problem?

Its driving me nuts, its like watching a poorly dubbed film! 😉

Cheers

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I just have a cable from the headphone socket into the amp, works fine.

mattyfez

Are you running the amp in stereo, if you running a bunch of digital enhancement in the amp that can cause issues.

Also does the amp have a direct from source function? Try using that to remove any delay caused by audio processing, such as the silly effects some have like ‘concert hall’ etc.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Lip sync is a common problem when using a different feed for audio and visual (it’s a fault of the Sky box really). Is the firmware up-to-date on the Sky box?

Is it possible to take the audio from your TV instead?

TheFlyingOx

There’s a section in the Sky box menu at the top with various settings in it. Look for “audio offset” somewhere in there and have a play with that. There is an issue with some Amstrad-based Sky boxes that means the audio continually drifts out of sync no matter how many times you play with the settings. I think the only fix for that is a replacement box.

Mounty_73

Yes the amp does have a direct source and I have just turned it on, so will wait and see…

I will check the firmware on the box. I think I will plug the lead into the TV as I am sure that use to work fine.

slowoldman

Is it possible to take the audio from your TV instead?

+1
    Sky box into TV. Audio out from TV to amp.

Cougar

Sky box into TV. Audio out from TV to amp.

-1. Madness.

Sky box > Settings > Sound > Digital Sound Audio Delay.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

There are definitely serious sync problems on Sky. I’m not sure if it’s broadcast or hardware specific or some incompatibility. Mine is OK on most channels but Ch4+1 is terrible. Since it’s not consistent across channels the offset isn’t going to cure it.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

What cougar says.

However sometimes a program goes out which just appears to be out of sync whatever.

Cougar

Can’t say as it’s ever happened to me.

garage-dweller

We have an AV receiver and put the blue ray through that on its way to the TV (don’t have sky) and it then puts the sound out direct to speakers. For free view viewing the sound comes back from the TV on an optical cable.

mattyfez

I much prefer the simple life.. My PC is my media hub, the TV is plugged into that via a long dvi cable and audio into an amp.

I download or stream all my video of the net.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘TV Audio question’ is closed to new replies.