Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Turner swinging broken
  • Valleyboy
    Free Member

I 've just snapped the swinging arm on my Turner 5 spot, where can get new one and how much?

Cheers

Nick

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Either contact Silverfish(uk importer) or Turner bikes direct

Chase
    Free Member

A mate broke his roker link – managed to get it sorted under warranty. In two other separate incidents he also cracked the seat tube and the seatstay bridge. All fixed under warranty. All three main components of the frame snapped!

rexated
    Free Member

How old is it? Silverfish can only get the newer DW ones…..

Valleyboy
    Free Member

Its an 2005 i think, i bought the frame second last year, its snapped around the eyelet where the bearing runs through the rear shock

khani
    Free Member

Have you got a pic

Onzadog
    Free Member

Might be best talking to Turner US then. As far as I know, there re no more HL back ends. I don't think there are any TNT ones either. They might sort out out with a nice price on a new one though.

khani
    Free Member

Its an 2005 i think, i bought the frame second last year, its snapped around the eyelet where the bearing runs through the rear shock

Not sure what you mean here, has the rocker broke or the seatstays
    Sorry if I'm being thick

Valleyboy
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies, however i think my original description may have been a bit misleading, a more accurate description would be i've snapped the rocker arm, not the swinging arm.

i have however found a Pushed Rocker arm (that apparently increase the rear travel of the bike to 5.75") pair in the garage it came with a bag of "bits" for the seller , do i need a special bush to attach the arm to the rear shock as the profile isn't the same as the original, if so where could i get one from?

Thanks for all your help cheers

Nick

khani
    Free Member

Yes it different for push rockers, I got one from tf tuned, check the bag of bits it's about 2 inches wide with 2hula hoop bits that slide on each side after its pushed through the shock and threaded in each end, you also need 2 bolts the same as the ones in the seatstay, rocker junction to bolt it to the rockers

Valleyboy
    Free Member

is it a straight forward operation, i've looked at other forums and they mention that the pushed rockers reduces the rear tyre width size (under 2.3) due to reduced clearance if you bottom the rear travel out?

Cheers

khani
    Free Member

Depends where the cable stop on the downtube is,if it's in the middle of the tube it can foul the tyre on full compression, later frames have an offsett cable stop that's ok for any tyre

Crag
    Free Member

Can you stop it with these broken Turner threads already. I'm taking mine to the alps next Thursday and I don't want it jinxing!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Turner swinging broken’ is closed to new replies.