Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tunnel / Frith / Porridgepot Hill
  • Notter
    Free Member

Having lived in Lightwater and now Windlesham for a good few years I've only now comprehended where the above locations are in relation to me, ie on my doorstep!

Not been exploring yet but I presume it's a learning curve like Swinley (sopt gap in trees, go explore!) or can anyone give any pointers as to good routes, or even a gpx course?

anjs
    Free Member

Tunnel Hill Trolls are you best bet.

allthepies
    Free Member

As above, get out with the trolls.

molgrips
    Free Member

I'll probably be out tonight although I do not know where I am going either. Take a GPS with you, follow your nose, come back and upload it to tracklogs and build up a map that way.

theotherjonv

Several options:

Go and look around, they're pretty confined areas so you can't get lost.

or- join up with the trolls for a look around. they do an introductory sort of ride on the first Tues of every month (so you missed this one) which is an easy going variant of their regular Tuesday ride (which is still very sociable, with hipflasks in abundance, etc.) if you aren't sure whether you would enjoy their company / keep up

or – wait until there's a race there and then go up and follow the tracks that are left. You can easily spot the ones on TH and Porridgepot still and there's a gorrick on at Frith this coming weekend.

gee
    Free Member

If you're relatively fit I don't mind showing you round a few of the trails in those areas – are you about this Weds 4pm or so? If not Friday at the same time?

Notter
    Free Member

Thanks all, explore away it is then.

Gee, cheers for the offer, I'm working in central London most of this week so earliest I'll be out on the trails is the weekend. May come back to take you up on the offer if plans change!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tunnel / Frith / Porridgepot Hill’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM