Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Troy Lee Drone A1 Feed Back & Blue Grass Golden Eye
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new lid after years of battering a Fox Striker & something with a little more coverage.
    The TLD Drone A1 looks tidy but a few reviews say it comes down the forehead & is in your view a bit, also looking at last years Blue Grass Golden eye, CRC doing them at a reasonable price so any feed back much appreciated.

Cheers

jodafett

I had a Fox Flux for a few years but finally got fed up of it falling forward on descents. Replaced it with the Bluegrass from CRC and have been impressed with it so far. Fits perfect and the ratchet works well and doesn’t pull my hair out like the Flux did. Sizing- Flux was a L/XL so I bought a Large Bluegrass. It’s MASSIVE! Replaced it with a medium and it fits perfect and it’s never fallen forward, even with a helmet light on.

tandemonium
    Free Member

I’ve had an A1 for last 2 years, great fit, super comfy, not had an issue with the front in my line of sight (un like the IXS Trail) the cradle at the rear is adjustable so you can keep the front up.
    Always had Giros before which have fitted great, & the A1 is as good if not better.
    The one thing that is not good though is the ventilation…….. Is bloody hot! Even in the winter. If you’re a sweater, then prepare to suffer. Otherwise, great helmet.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I am in the same position and spent a while trying on helmets today.

I had the ISX and it got in the way of my vision too often. Today I tried the Bell Super 2 and it was perfect (for me).

Got it for £72 which I’m really happy with.

chrismac

A1 is great except that its very hot

markshires
    Free Member

I tried a goldeneye on it was really comfortable but was massive on my head, I could easily fit my thumbs down the sides of the helmet so returned it. By the way I found merlin was the cheapest a few weeks ago.

Phil_H

I’ve just got a A1. The fit is good, I do notice it a wee bit in my field of vision (more that the giro it replaced) but not enough for it to be an issue and as others have said its a warm lid.

mattbee

I’ve got a Goldeneye and I agree, the sizing comes up large. Luckily it fits me though.
    I found the gel pad at the front irritating for the first couple of rides but once our brief summer hit I started to like it as it doesn’t soak up sweat like a normal helmet pad.
    Other than that, it’s a helmet. Don’t really notice it in either negative or positive ways. I suppose the key is whether it fits you or not and what the price is like.

myti
    Free Member

Love my A1. So comfortable, don’t find it particularly hot and love the designs.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

A1 replaced my IXS after the rear adjuster came away from the helmet . I prefer the TLD as it sits properly on your head without any movement and it doesn’t feel bulky like other bicycle helmets. It feels like your wearing a proper helmet.

As others have said it’s a bit hot but not too bad.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee Drone A1 Feed Back & Blue Grass Golden Eye’ is closed to new replies.