Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tripod for phone?
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend something of decent quality?

I’ve had loads and they’re all bendy, breaky flimsy rubbish. It’s one of those things that are hard to find due to the first hundred+ pages of results being the aforementioned Chinesium guff. I don’t need to pay 99p with free shipping, will pay for something that will last, is sturdy and maybe heavier than the phone so it actually stays upright. Or maybe even an adaptor that would attach to my heavy-duty DSLR tripod?

Cheers.

zilog6128

assuming you’re looking for something portable/pocket sized:

(genuine) Joby Gorillapods are good, pretty sure they do a beefy SLR one too.

Also, I finally succumbed & bought a selfie stick a while back:

had really good reviews, isn’t cheaply made but not expensive either, and doubles as a reasonable tripod too!

CountZero

I’ve got a generic Gorillapod-type tripod, along with a rectangular phone holder that has a spring-loaded clamp to hold the phone, which has “Mudder” on the back. Had it years but never really used it much. It’s sturdy enough to hold my new iPhone 14 Pro Max, and I intend to take it out on some clear nights and try some long exposure photos. Avebury might produce something as might Silbury Hill.

My mount is almost identical to this mount…

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1577042-REG/kaiser_206015_smartphone_holder_clamp.html

CountZero

Amazon do one, pretty much generic, it’ll fit most tripod screw mounts.

stumpy01

I’ve got one of those clamp style ones and use it either with a Gorillapod or a proper Velbon tripod.
    It works fine and can easily flip between portrait & landscape.

That tripod/selfie stick Zilog posted looks pretty neat!

jambourgie
    Free Member

Nice one chaps thanks. That clamp looks just the ticket. It’ll screw to my big tripod and not fall over. 👍

DrP

Manfroto mini ball tripod thing..manfroto phone clamp… best of the best

DrP

blackhat
    Free Member

Joby Gorillapod has been the go to answer. Joby is now owned by the same people who own Manfrotto.

colournoise

Gorillapod (or the slightly bigger Olfi version of a flexible tripod) and one of those generic phone clamps.

Amazingly for STW we seem to be cordially reaching a consensus?

jamiemcf

I’ve an Induro tripod (now owned by benro) and an FLM head but it can be a bit overkill. Otherwise I have two gorillapods and that clamp posted above

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.