Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Trek Remedy 8 broken again
  • walleater

I think Treks marketing has backfired slightly. People bang on about the 33lb 88 or whatever the weight the display bike was, but in the real world the bike weighs about 40lb which is pretty well the same as anything else in it’s class. Similar for the Remedy. It’s only so ‘light’ due to it having ghey tyres, stem etc. Throw on some DH tyres and a burlier stem and the like and it’d soon weigh in mid thirties.
    The only issues with the current Trek line up where due to Giant making the rear end of the Fuel EX on the first production run, resulting in snapped stays. This got rectified and I’ve not heard of any problems with the Remedy or 88.

rs
    Free Member

Cove is the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-Op of Vancouver 😆

iamtheresurrection

Duir: had to learn to be an idiot the hard way and have been one of the masses sold a big manufacturers all singing bike that turned out to be absolute rubbish. That was a long time ago and now maybe I am a bike snob but not for any good reason other than I am bitter

I’m surprised this thread is still going, might as well add to it.

The point I was trying to make is in the above. A long time ago, when you thought the big manufacturer’s bikes were rubbish, you’ll probably find it was only really the big manufacturers who were trying to produce something sophisticated with suspension that worked.

Your Specialized that was going through bushings was the first proper four bar that worked. Quote me Amp Research if you want, but I had one and it was a wet noodle. Marins at the time were big bouncy single pivots, Giant were changing their system every 6 months tring to find one that worked, Trek tried single pivot, URT, four bar, faux bar and so on. What was Cove and Santa Cruz doing back then to pioneer?

For what it’s worth, my last four suspension bikes have been a Commencal, Turner, Yeti and Rocky Mountain – not really a big brand in there. But you have to give the big fellas credit for having the cash to throw at this to get something that works well, and keep pressure on the small producers to try and keep up or over-take…

You seen obsessed with the thickness of the tubes on the bike. Have you looked at any handlebars lately?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Trek Remedy 8 broken again’ is closed to new replies.