Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Trek (GF) Rumblefish
  • NJA

I think I have fallen for one of these – http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/singletrack_trail/rumblefish/rumblefish_pro/#

My LBS says there is one in the country in my size (21″) and they don’t know when there will be more stock.

Before I splash the credit card company’s money on it does anyone have any experience of riding one?

kimbers

my mate has one hes quite tall
    hes been very impressed i gather from his facebook updates

NJA

I am 6′ 3″ and ride an 8500 21″ hardtail, sizing looks similar.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’m very happy with my Rumblefish, it’s my all day in the hills comfort bike, mine bobs a bit too much (only tiny but) on climbing for my hardtail liking but it rides stuff much better than I can throw at it. 8/10 from me

mafiafish
    Free Member

I had an old hi-fi (the precursor to the rumblefish) and absolutely loved it. It felt really fast and nimble without being twitchy or overly flexy.

bigsi
    Free Member

That seems like alot of money for an alloy full susser to me. 😯

Also does “don’t know when they are getting any more in to the UK” really mean “we need to shift this one as the 2012 models are on their way in the next month or so” ? 😕

Rorschach
    Free Member

We’ve already got 2012 ones (no 21″)….I’m going to have to steal a demo real soon 😀

MrGFisher
    Free Member

I rode a 2012 Rumblefish Elite all day on Tuesday, a demo loaned from my LBS. I didn’t expect to like it but it was great. It rode very well. I could definitely notice the difference with the new DCRV Forks.

robarnold
    Free Member

I ordered one today (17.5″) and i’m a short arse at 5ft 8in!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

robarnold – Member
    I ordered one today (17.5″) and i’m a short arse at 5ft 8in!

Perfect size, as that’s my height and size of Rumblefish

NJA

Decision made – credit card trembling in corner as I write.

Thanks guys.

ahwiles
    Free Member

a word of caution;

they have a rumble-fish/gary fisher specific fork/crown – getting a new fork/crown* may prove tricky…

(*they are fox forks, can you be arsed with the regular services? – it was enough to put me off)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Trek (GF) Rumblefish’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM