Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • TREK FUEL EX8 WSD or not WSD?
  • HAGGIS01
    Free Member

I am looking at Fuel Ex bike to buy – everything about the bike is dandy … however has anyone out there got any opinions or reviews on a WSD as opposed to the standard EX8 ??

I test rode the Fuel Ex 8 STD offfroad and it was pretty good.
    However only allowed to test ride the WSD on the pavement (how the hell you meant to test ride a mountain bike on a road I ask ??) and it felt all wrong as in proportions. The frames are meant to be identical (both 15.5) but yet I felt the whole set up rather small.

Any females out there and bought a WSD 15.5 and got any regrets/good points ? or bought the std and any regrets/good points ?

Is 15.5 right size ?
    I'm 5ft 5 on a good posture day, but its all about the length of back and such like ….

Or anyoe out there just wishes to respond to my 'under pressure to buy or not' moment. WSD or not ? 15.5 or not ? Help ……

From
    Female desperate for a new bike so she can go out and play again
    (Prev had blokes small frame Scott FX and it completely knackered now – was a tad bit big though …)

bumley
    Free Member

I had a EX 8 WSD in a 15.5 it felt fine on the initial short ride but on proper rides i found it way too short in the top tube, felt really hunched up and uncomfortable.

I personally wouldn't ride a Trek WSD again.

There are other manufacturers out there who make womens specific bikes with a more std top tube length that fit much better.

Hope this helps

bumley
    Free Member

Oh and for the record the Scott Contessa range is one of the better geometries and they have some fab bikes 😀

HAGGIS01
    Free Member

how tall are you ?

bumley
    Free Member

5ft 4ins, 32in inside leg

Riding a 17.5in Scott Genius now, its soooooo much more comfortable

HAGGIS01
    Free Member

thanks for that – I think you have confirmed my answer.

felt a bit under pressure as this one for sale for much cheapness (relative to full price)

I dont know my inside leg … but I'm normal .. I mean average !

I did feel hunched up on the 20 minutes on the pavement tonight.

bumley
    Free Member

If you're not in a rush to buy, i'd wait another month. There will be some decent sales around as its end of season for most premium brands, most launch new ranges Sept, so should be some good close out deals.

But If the gents Trek is a good price and you really like it go for it. To give you an idea I paid £850 for mine at close out last year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘TREK FUEL EX8 WSD or not WSD?’ is closed to new replies.