Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Transfil Mudlovers Fitting
  • dougieb
    Free Member

I bought a set of Transfil Mudlovers cables a couple of weeks ago for a bike build that I’m about to undertake. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost the instructions (suspect the wife has binned them) and the transfil site is hopeless. Can anybody tell me how to fit these gear cables? ie – where do I trim the inner grey protective sleeve in relations to the pinch bolts? and what is the short length of clear plastic tubing for.

Thanks

owenfackrell
    Free Member

You trim the grey liner where it exits the last ferrel.
    You fit the grey bit first then the first ferrel etc.
    you need to make sure that the inner part of the outer is nice and round after you have cut it.
    The clear bit is used if you have under bb routing and it is used there.

dougieb
    Free Member

Thank Owen – that helps. I’ve fitted the ride-on cables before and the liner goes all the way to within an inch of the pinch bolts. If I trim the liner at the last ferrel for the front mech I’m going to be running a lot of exposed gear cable – will that not be affected by the elements? Cheers Doug

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Not really as there is only a small bit going into the liner so should be no worse than if it was lower. in fact on mine due to the routing the cable is protected from rear wheel spray at that point any way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Transfil Mudlovers Fitting’ is closed to new replies.