Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Transferring data on a Garmin computer
  • lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

I am upgrading from one Garmin to another Garmin computer. Can I transfer all the data stored on the old one to the new one?

whitestone
    Free Member

A quick search came up with: https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={7918afc0-4264-11e2-e8a7-000000000000}

That what you want?

tthew

Yes, plug into a PC, or similar. Shows up as an external drive, just copy the data in the various folders you want to retain.

Or at least that’s the process on basic ones, like the Edge 200. Not 100% sure if top end, fancy pants models work quite the same way but I’d be surprised if not.

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Yes it is an Edge 200 so will give that a try, thanks to all

stumpy01

If it’s old rides, why would you want to clog up a new computer with all your old data files?
    If you want to keep them, just plug into a computer & copy all the files in the ‘activities’ folder to a folder on the computer & keep them as an archive.
    I do this regularly to keep my Edge 500 free of clutter & stick them in a ‘Garmin Back-Up>Activities’ folder.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Garmin 500 here

I do the same as Stumpy. I find that the more files I have in my activities folder the more issues i have with the Garmin i.e. slow to boot up, slow to find GPS, drops signal more frequently etc.

Create a file on your pc/separate drive somewhere and cut and paste them in there. They aren’t doing anything useful in the activities folder on your Garmin.

Do this and it boots up again quicker etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Transferring data on a Garmin computer’ is closed to new replies.