Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)
  • Trainspotting moment – what would you do?
  • slackboy

Or what lube helmet for a first mtb date

MrSparkle

incidently ……i only recently found out that ‘nonce’ is an abbreviation of ‘not on normal courtyard exercise’

No it isn’t. The Oxford English Dictionary, while describing the word’s etymology as “Origin unknown”, states that it is “perhaps related to” nance and cites a quotation which claims the word was derived from nancy-boy (a derogatory term referring to effeminate or homosexual males). It also suggests that it may derive from the nonse, Lincolnshire dialect for “good-for-nothing fellow”.[4]

Linguist Jonathon Green suggests the word derives from nonsense. He quotes a reference from 1970 citing “nonces” as being short for “nonsenses” and an additional citation from 1999

slowoldman

I’m just popping out for some biscuits.

Wally

September early October rush of “Christmas Babies”

pictonroad

Great thread. 😆

Also, lol at that chart, 20th Sep and October the 3rd here, obviously a once a year event…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I remember at uni, a mate pulled a suspiciously young looking girl at the local rock club. They actually ended up going out together for the long run, might even still be together for all I know but it gave us the memorable line “She’s definitely 16” long pause “more or less”

Very dangerous ground. A friend of my brothers went out with a girl who was under 16 when I’d guess he was maybe around 20. (this is 20+ years ago so my memory a bit hazy). Her parents objected and Police became involved, he ended up doing time for it. **** up his life pretty badly.

acidtest
    Free Member

Plot twist, she’s a member on here too.

matt_outandabout

Also, lol at that chart, 20th Sep and October the 3rd here, obviously a once a year event…

I iz smug about a December, February and July birth here. 8)

You do know she knew you were on here before you knew she was on here? #stalkeralert

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I was expecting more

and less ..well never mind, I’m not googling that phrase again

treeman
    Free Member

Minor update a you all seem quite so invested in this…

Ended up chatting till late last night, turns out we have a fair amount in common so we went out for a quick spin this morning (sadly on the road, but better for chatting I suppose). We’ve agreed to meet up again after she’s back from skiing (which is another bonus that she skis!), at the moment it’s just cycling buddies but think we’re both possibly looking for more. :mrgreen:

She’s also 17 but a year below her mate and almost exactly 4 years younger than me, which does feel a little odd but I’m pretty sure my parents were 19 and 37 when they met so probably just in my head!

Nope, or at least I’m pretty sure she’s not, although she does have quite an active pinkbike account but there isn’t anyone by the same name on here. 🙄 Also from her pinkbike account it looks like she’s probably more skilled than I will ever be.

Although… I got chatting to her dad at the door and it turns out he got her into MTBing a few years ago before breaking his back and is still on here, although not very active, even so I will definitely be sparing with the details! 😯

Update on the original story (that I heard whilst on the ride today), looks like she’s seen him for who he really is (the stupid idiot also has “in a relationship” on his facebook profile) and doesn’t want anything to do with him, I also get the impression that parents may have got involved but who knows.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Awesome.. less than 2 pages from “My pal’s a paedo” to “I’m right in there”
    Chapeau

slowoldman

It’s been quite a journey.

acidtest
    Free Member

Nope, or at least I’m pretty sure she’s not, although she does have quite an active pinkbike account but there isn’t anyone by the same name on here. Also from her pinkbike account it looks like she’s probably more skilled than I will ever be.

Just be careful what you post on a public forum, all it takes is for her to google your username and game over! Completely different situation but see The dumped before xmas thread for sh!t that happens!

tpbiker
    Free Member

my money is it really being ‘ton’ in a dress….

this could stll go tits up for the OP…

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/WkL7Fkigfn8[/video]

Coyote
    Free Member

Although… I got chatting to her dad at the door and it turns out he got her into MTBing a few years ago before breaking his back and is still on here, although not very active, even so I will definitely be sparing with the details!

Hmmm… Middle aged mountainbiker who posts on here, 17 year old daughter and has broke his back. No way anyone would ever identify themselves from that.

treeman
    Free Member

this could stll go tits up for the OP…

So… turns out she does frequent this forum, although uses a slightly different login and rarely/never posts, hence the lack of finding on my googlefu mission earlier. This resulted in an awkward phone call (I’m now at home) but we’ve both seen the funny side as she had been stalking me when she found this! Turns out using a similar skype name to STW username wasn’t a great idea when trying to stay hidden – note to self to get 2nd username for future use. 😉

It seems that I had got the right impression re where we both stand on the relationship so it’s now going to be a bike date rather than bike ride in the new year 😀

In case you were wondering this message has been pre-approved and we’ve also agreed its best to call it a day with adding everything to this post 🙄

I’m feeling like the luckiest guy on the planet at the moment, but reading back through my posts I can see just how bad it could have turned out! Anyway I have a tonne of work I need to get on with if I want to have any chance of passing my degree so I should get on!

EDIT: Just seen coyotes message, yes was rather stupid there and really should have changed a few details or just left that bit out altogether 😳

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chapeau

🙂

Be nice OP ! 4 years is nothing at say 23 vs 27 and later but 17/21 is more significant. My parents have been married 56 years and met when 17 and 22 btw

jonnyboi

Chapeau

quite, what started out as a Christmas touching story, turned into a touching Christmas story.

IHN

Be nice OP ! 4 years is nothing at say 23 vs 27 and later but 17/21 is more significant. My parents have been married 56 years and met when 17 and 22 btw

I met MrsIHN the First when she was 18 and I was 22. Worked out pretty well (well, for ten years at least).

orangeorange
    Free Member

Choose Wife

Houns

*chuckles at “minor update”*

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

*chuckles at “minor update”*

Nico
    Free Member

not on normal courtyard exercise

Yeah, and naive stands for “believes everything on the internet”.

binners

Setting new levels of bonkersness even for this place!

Well done to all involved! 😀

matt_outandabout

May I summarise?

OP’s pal pulls a possibly appropriately aged lady.
    In stalking the age of said lady, OP has designs on first lady’s bessie.
    Turns out bessie pals father is STW forumite.
    OP continues to deliver more detail than needed on designs for Bessie.
    OP’s pal is dumped.

Did I miss anything?

samunkim
    Free Member

The Dating Equation: ½(your age) + 7

Pretty close

funkmasterp

That was epic and had more plot twists than a Shymalansnab (guy who did sixth sense) film. Should be made into one of those Hallmark channel films.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have a friend who is 37 and goes out on A – Level results night

steve_b77
    Free Member

Did make me chuckle this, reminds me of the years before I met my wife when me and my mates were often in the “is she over 16 camp?” When out clubbing in the late 90’s.

I don’t think it’ll ever change as all sorts of girls under the age of 18 get into clubs and pubs and for an inebriated young chap it can be rather hard to tell, so I’d say that it’s the presumption she’s in the club so must be around 18 is often taken. In fact we used to call it a Renton moment so I got the OP straight away 😆

Good work on the best mate btw

scotroutes

Lots of under-age pregnancies these days you know…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Any more than there used to be? Or is that a cunning play on words?

whatgoesup

this message has been pre-approved

From “my mate might be a peado” to under the thumb in 2 pages.

ratherbeintobago

Any more than there used to be?

There was a thing on R4 the other week saying that the teenage pregnancy rate is actually falling

tpbiker
    Free Member

I pulled the really hot bar maid from my regular a couple of months ago..

she was 19…everyone of my mates egged me on to do it despite my objections

Turned out shed had more partners than I’d had despite being half my age..

Age is but a mumber..

also…clinic for me in NY I reckon…

slowoldman

So, have I missed something here? Have we gone from “my mate’s shagging an underaged girl” to “now I’m shagging her” and “guess what, her Dad’s on this forum and will be delighted”?

treeman
    Free Member

Bit of a twist, and “mate” is now definitely “acquaintance”, so something didn’t sit right with me so I re-read everything from the last 24 hours, it suddenly dawned on me that it’s the school holidays and why on earth would first lady (getting confusing so will keep to matts naming convension) be wearing her school uniform in the Christmas holidays?

I confirmed with bessie that it is in fact Christmas holidays and she couldn’t work out why on earth would her mate be wearing her uniform. After a bit of a conversation it turns out that “acquaintance” hadn’t worn a “hat” and not checked with the first lady before plunging his sword, she had come round to teach him a lesson but got cold feet when coming round and I messaged her, trying to find an angle to get back at him but after setting me up with her bessie decided not to screw her over (thanks first lady 😉 ).

Bessie and first lady have now decided that my acquaintance needs a proper lesson. We’ve ascertained that he doesn’t read this forum, him only knowing what I had read off to him and them having copied most of your advice onto an agony aunt Facebook page as the source. So it looks like the first lady is either going to go down the caught an std or I’m knocked up route, either that or reporting him to the uni for something but I’ve talked them out of that as that could get out of hand and official quickly.

I’m as for the under a thumb comments, yep but not sure I care! This post is actually a request of bessie as apparently you are wise enough to know what’s the best thing to do!

treeman
    Free Member

Also, before you ask, dad was actually the guy who suggested this plan to bessie/first lady after finding out what acquaintance had done. Seems that his idea was the std route as getting him to go get checked out wouldn’t be a bad idea anyway!

Anyway I’m off to bed as have been on my phone/pc all day and this morning feels a month away.

tpbiker
    Free Member

this thread is getting really f’d up..

You are going to let 2 girls who you barely know scare the beejesus out of your mate to teach him a lesson..despite in reality hes done nothing that many early 20s guys wouldn’t do?

And you are going along with it as you fancy your chances with her pal?

As someone noted, this is like a jeremy Kyle episode..

Any pics available for context?

ourmaninthenorth

I remember when I was young…

…just.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Trainspotting moment – what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.