Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Trail Centres and A&E's – a list attached
  • waspfactory191
    Free Member

Following recent discussions regarding the possible existence of a list of trail centres and their respective A&E’s, I’ve prepared the attached list –

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DOKgDw9gOUNe4Q0tPfgTrJDDBzooc-DPmE4tgqZ5iCo/edit?hl=en

It’s based on trail centres which I’ve ridden, or am planning to ride, so it’s not a full list. However, I’ve added some details which have been provided by Singletrack forum members, following their responses to a recent thread on this subject.

It may not be entirely accurate, but I guess it should help…

TomB

A couple of notes for Whinlatter- Keswick Cottage Hospital is 24 hr Minor Injuries Unit and will have a bash at most wound clean/closure (nurse led). Also has xray m-fri days, and can backslab eg simple ankle injuries to get you home to your local a+e. Plus, if injury is not horrendous, West Cumberland isn’t ‘on the way home’ for most folk visiting, so Cumberland Infirmary Carlisle (similar driving time away) and Royal Lancaster Infirmary worth considering.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Hey Wasp! Looks like you’ve used your recovery time constructively. Thanks for doing this, it’s very useful! How is that collarbone of yours and hope you are coping ok without any riding in this good weather… Annoying ain’t it?

benjamins11
    Free Member

Good work. Couple of points Bangor A&E is Ysbyty Gwynedd.

If you manage to hurt yourself badly at Afan dont bother going to Neath port talbot, by the time you have got across Baglan its just as quick to stay on the motorway and go to Morriston and its a much more capable a&e department.

waspfactory191
    Free Member

Thanks for your inputs guys. I’ll update the list asap. Any other comments are welcome.

Hi nsbikescore1, I’m getting better thanks. I even had my first ride today. It was a very short ride, at just two miles…on tarmac. Lol. Wow, really enjoyed it though! Looking forward to getting out proper.

How’s your recovery going?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centres and A&E's – a list attached’ is closed to new replies.